Indoor flyball with the 1d3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indoor flyball with the 1d3

Not posted anything for a while, but I had a big event at the weekend and now I'm getting used to the 1d it's really starting to pay dividends, I shot everything at 3200 or 6400 iso and now I've got used to keeping an eye on the exposure meter being to the right rather than at the bottom I'm getting the exposures pretty tight 90% of the time. It's actually paid for itself comfortably in sales this weekend so I'm well happy.
    A few examples, even the 6400 iso ones are passable and selling well. A massive thanks to Jeff for encouraging me to consider the 1d3, it's been a real kick so far.

DIV20413.jpg

DIV21344.jpg

DIV21424.jpg

DIV21467.jpg

DIV21955.jpg
    Paul

Re: Indoor flyball with the 1d3

They look to be good shots but every one is ruined by the large copyright through the middle of the image - if you feel you need to use one then put it small in the corner out of the way

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
      They look to be good shots but every one is ruined by the large copyright through the middle of the image - if you feel you need to use one then put it small in the corner out of the way

Stan
      agree, to review this with that watermark totally spoils the photo
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I watermark the centre because I have had people steal the photos and crop it out on more than one occasion, and taking screen shots on another. I have no issues with anyone here, but equally these are visible on flickr and if they want them without the watermark then they know where to fnd them and pay their dues. Sorry chaps, I know it spoils it, but it is for a reason.
        Paul

Comment

Nice shots. Agree with others re copyright mark. Other members watermark their pics very nicely in small letters on the side. I am also aware that in today's world people can breach copyright watermarks anytime they wish to do so. It is never fool proof IMHO.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

you have your own space, drop them into a folder and upload from there. You'll still have the same quality and it means we can see the photos rather than an ugly watermark - it such a huge shame as your images are good but its hard to look past that watermark

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
              you have your own space, drop them into a folder and upload from there. You'll still have the same quality and it means we can see the photos rather than an ugly watermark - it such a huge shame as your images are good but its hard to look past that watermark
              How does that work then Ian, I wasn't aware that there is a way to share them on here without it being public on flickr? If it can be done then I'll comfortably do so. I'm just well aware that despite my low number of followers, there are people on flickr that are linked to my customers.
              Paul

Comment

I see both sides of the argument. As far as uploading from within the forum, if somebody wants to find your images that badly, they will find them on here even though you have bypassed flickr. This isn't a closed forum. It, and it's contents, can be found easily enough. It's a shame you feel you need such an obtrusive watermark, but, I totally understand why.

Very nice images by the way!
                Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

the easiest thing to do is when you are preparing to upload the shots to flickr is to set the privacy to "you only"

flickr.jpg

you could also set up an additional flickr account just for images you upload to the forum

Stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Originally posted by planetc View Post
                    How does that work then Ian, I wasn't aware that there is a way to share them on here without it being public on flickr? If it can be done then I'll comfortably do so. I'm just well aware that despite my low number of followers, there are people on flickr that are linked to my customers.
                    its easy - set up a folder on your space. Then FTP images directly into that folder, when posting photos use the direct link in the box posting the url so it will be something like www.flyballphotos.co.uk/photos/01.jpg .. If your posting a few if you name them 1/2/3/4 then all you need do is change the image number - you will have to resize images to max 800 but once you have the template set up in LR along with the folder name on your PC its only a case of using the drop down navigation in LR ( or what you use)

I use it often if I'm posting up images I don't want to put onto my flickr account

or do what Stan suggests :)

Comment

Stan is quite right. I have a "YOU only" flickr account and the outside world cannot access this. However, when I post images from my "YOU Only" flickr account to the forum, the members can directly access my restricted account by clicking on any image that I post on the forum. The safety fact here is that only forum members can access my YOU ONLY flickr account this way. I do not post/share my flickr images, via flickr to any one else outside of the forum. If I wish to share an image with anyone else I will attach a picture from my computer file such as for example Facebook so that they only see that image and nothing else.

Hope this makes sense.

Nat
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I'm not surprised you like the 1dmk3 those are cracking action shots
                        1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
                        Facebook
                        www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Great shots
                          Shame you have to cover the images with the watermark but I know where you're coming from.

Paul
                          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
                            Great shots
                            Shame you have to cover the images with the watermark but I know where you're coming from.

Paul
                            Agree with the above and all the others postings. Great shots and well done for getting to grips with the 1D3
                            Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Nice images

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X