Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Cornish Pub

Cornwall's changed!

TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Re: A Cornish Pub

Tom

Comment

'S OK, they've got Doom Bar...
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
        'S OK, they've got Doom Bar...
        and Korev, plus Rattler Cider, which are both local brews. Would be a nice place to stop

Well seen. I was expecting a 'chocolate box' country pub picture, blue skies with a few clouds, benches outside, sea in the background, cornish flag flying in a gentle breeze etc etc.

Comment

Cornwall certainly has changed and even Sharps is owned by Molson Coors

But my CAMRA card and I are off to the Falmouth Sea Shanty Festival next weekend where better beers are guaranteed

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Originally posted by Freefaller View Post
            and Korev, plus Rattler Cider, which are both local brews. Would be a nice place to stop

Well seen. I was expecting a 'chocolate box' country pub picture, blue skies with a few clouds, benches outside, sea in the background, cornish flag flying in a gentle breeze etc etc.
            El Sid, I've pretty much stopped drinking Doom, esp since they sold out. Not bought a bottle of it since they moved production to Burton. Skinners Betty Stoggs is my Cornish beer of choice but I don't mind Tribute. Generally though being Devonian I prefer Jail Ale. :thumbs:

Freefaller, thanks for the comment. The title was referring to the champagne. The Pub is the Halfway House in Kingsand which used to be on the Devon/Cornwall border and it is quite a nice pub as is the other 3 in the 2 villages. On FB my brother noted that Cornwall hasn't changed just the population.
            TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

interesting shot, I like that
              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Els View Post
                El Sid, I've pretty much stopped drinking Doom, esp since they sold out. Not bought a bottle of it since they moved production to Burton.
                How depressing, things are drifting back to the pre-CAMRA days of overly dominant mass chemical plants, sorry breweries, and plastic pubs - at least those that survive...
                Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                X