cape cod usa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cape cod usa

hello all I am starting posting of cape cod mass and the surrounding sea coast

house on the hill by joseph kelly, on Flickr

this was with my old 20-35 usm lens
    ti1 70D 5Dmk3 10-22 ef-s 50mm1.8 mk1 70-200 4 is l 400 5.6l 100mm macro is l 18-135 stm ef-s
    1.4 tele mk3 now the 85 1.8 ef lens 16-35 4 is l 50 1.4 canon

Re: cape cod usa

HI Joseph-

Always happy to look at photos of new places and they tell me mass. is stunning

Here though I'm primarily interested in that lovely building on the hill and so I'm ignoring over 60% of the picture- that rather ugly fence and what's below, and everything to the left of the flagpole are dismissed very quickly by my eyes.

Think this is an example of how a different point of view would have made a massive difference to the finished product, as your colours and clarity of the house are fine
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
      HI Joseph-

Always happy to look at photos of new places and they tell me mass. is stunning

Here though I'm primarily interested in that lovely building on the hill and so I'm ignoring over 60% of the picture- that rather ugly fence and what's below, and everything to the left of the flagpole are dismissed very quickly by my eyes.

Think this is an example of how a different point of view would have made a massive difference to the finished product, as your colours and clarity of the house are fine
      the ugly fence is part of the site its called fort hill and its a sea captains house from the whaling era and your right the fence is ugly but its on the national register its actually a public trust site.

Joe

sandy hook cape cod by joseph kelly, on Flickr
      Last edited by beforeEosCamara; 29-04-2016, 21:37.
      ti1 70D 5Dmk3 10-22 ef-s 50mm1.8 mk1 70-200 4 is l 400 5.6l 100mm macro is l 18-135 stm ef-s

Comment

I've looked at this image a few times and do agree with Bo, the fence whether its on the national register or not is ugly and pulls your attention away from a nice house - for me the composition just doesn't work

the second you need to get it level
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Joseph, I actually rather like the fence, but I don't like the scrappy bank in the foreground. So I do agree with the others that you could better focus the viewer on the great image and lovely detail you have in the building. I would suggest cropping up to about where the middle fence post goes into the ground. This stops it being an 'image of two halves' as it puts the top of the bank on about the thirds line and I feel invites you to concentrate more on the building, tree, flagpole and moon, all of which are well composed, whilst keeping the fence as interest in the foreground.
          Canon EOS 7D
          EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
          Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
          flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

yes you are correct so I reworked the photos not the same one's but from the same series

sandyhook cape cod pt2 by joseph kelly, on Flickr

house on the hill pt 2 by joseph kelly, on Flickr

improved as I hope for

joe

Comment

I don't mind the fence in the first one, it's rather different to the typical picket fence we often see on TV programmes. Worth another visit when spring has really kicked and there's some leaf on the trees too.

Would be nice with a flag up the flagpole too though I guess you could drop one in...

I'm rather impressed by the image quality of your 20-35. I've got one of those as well and find it a bit inclined to produce a fair amount of chromatic aberration - and that's on a crop frame camera. Maybe I need to give it another outing.
              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

the cape has wonderful wild life bubble nets by joseph kelly, on Flickr

breach by joseph kelly, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X