The Great Britain IX Steam Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Great Britain IX Steam Tour

And a very good effort it is too. Good use of the environment to frame the locomotive, gives the whole image a broader appeal as it's not just about the engine but also about the landscape and a general sort of 'Englishness'...

I'd suggest cropping off the telephone pole at the left, it isn't adding anything and looks a bit orphaned on it's own. To make the image more timeless, and a bit classier, I suggest spending a bit of time cloning out what seems to be litter on the mown bit of grass and up by the path leading to the bridge. This is a good shot and worth making the most of.

That said anyway.
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
      And a very good effort it is too. Good use of the environment to frame the locomotive, gives the whole image a broader appeal as it's not just about the engine but also about the landscape and a general sort of 'Englishness'...

I'd suggest cropping off the telephone pole at the left, it isn't adding anything and looks a bit orphaned on it's own. To make the image more timeless, and a bit classier, I suggest spending a bit of time cloning out what seems to be litter on the mown bit of grass and up by the path leading to the bridge. This is a good shot and worth making the most of.

That said anyway.
      Yep good observations i'll do just that (the litter is Tee markers as i was standing on a golf course)

M94A7675hdr by Darren Healy, on Flickr
      Last edited by DarrenHealy; 18-05-2016, 15:45.
      www.flickr.com/photos/darren_healy/

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
        Both excellent and both my fav in their own way.

What's clag
        Thought it was 'clack' and refers to smoke etc.

Cracking pair of images would be pleased to have taken either.
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenHealy View Post
          Yep good observations i'll do just that (the litter is Tee markers as i was standing on a golf course)
          I had a feeling that grass looked golfed on...

Now you print it, put it on the wall and feel good...
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Nice pic :-thumbsup:

For info:
            Clag is black smoke from the engine
            Clack (valve) is the valve that allows water (at low pressure) to be fed into the boiler (which is at a higher pressure).

Cheers,
            John

Comment

Excellent images. Very nice.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
              X