Photography Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photography Course

Has anyone here done a Photography Course with a qualification at the end of it?

I am interested in doing one if anyone can suggest any to me.

It is not for career purposes, just to give me something to do and for my own satisfaction.
    Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Re: Photography Course

I did some one day courses,(each course lasted 10 weeks) but it was just to learn photoshop so not really photographic skills.
    It also came with tests and an exam at the end of each course gaining a Qualification at the end.

I really enjoyed all the courses i did and learned lots along the way so i would recommend them if you have the time,these things tend to push you out of your comfort zone which is always a good thing

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Not sure about qualification at the end but check with the local university / college as they sometimes do short courses. Dee did a 10 week, one evening a week course at the beginning of the year

stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

I have not done a course myself but I know people who have. They tend to fall into two forms so perhaps you need to decide which type would suit you best.
        The two types are :- course dedicated to understanding and improving camera skills or image image processing. The other type is the academic course which focuses on the political, scientific, artistic and social outcomes from photography and its possible influence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
        James Boardman Woodend
        www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

I am interested in a post processing course i.e Photoshop. I have looked at the courses (day or evening) around me here and cannot find one that fits the bill. I am not very interested in an online or video course but one where I can sit in with others.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thank you for your replies.

A bit more info:

I have already done a Photoshop course at my local school.

I was thinking about the SPI Diploma but the website at http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/school-photographic-imaging says 'The School of Photographic Imaging (SPI) has now closed.'

I am interested in doing something online.
            Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Comment

This is an OU course I did a few years ago. It may be a bit basic but have a look

This short course, developed and presented in partnership with The Royal Photographic Society (RPS), teaches you how to create and share digital photographs.

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

We (my wife and I) did BTEC Digital Photography (Level 1) at the local college - we learned a lot and made some friends. We'd both like to do more, but time / funds restrict that.
                Canon EOS 6D Mk II, 700D, Canon 24-105mm L, 100-400mm, 100mm f2.8 L Macro.

Comment

Not a course with qualifications at the end, but may be of interest to some

Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                  X