Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Challenge No. 11. "Cool". 21st Aug 2010 - 5 Sep 2010 inc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your photography challenge is to capture and share something "cool"

In todays society, descriptive words such as "cool" can take on different meanings to different people. In my household, the kids seem to use the word "cool" for damn near anything. Annoying sometimes yes but I got to thinking that this could be a good theme for a photographic challenge.

So, get your thinking caps on (or woolly hats), chill out or find someone or something chilling out. Capture the "cool" sunset :tongue: or that cool dress sense or that character who personifies ultimate coolness . Those unable to get out in the open air are not forgotten, get those icecubes out and stack em high on the kitchen table, adjust the light and get that angle right, that would be "cool"

Hope you enjoy the challenge and remember this is for fun so do just that, have fun entering.

I look forward to some "cool" interpretations.

The standard Challenge rules apply - see early posts in this forum if you are new to this.

Steve
    EOS 400D, EOS 40D, EOS 7D
    EF 24-105L F4 IS, EF 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS, EF 50mm MK11

Re: Forum Challenge No. 11. "Cool". 21st Aug 2010 - 5 Sep 2010 inc.

Cool - as a cucumber.......

I know we shouldn't try to influence the judge but can I have an extra point under the technique heading for growing the cucumber myself?

50D + 100mm Macro.

Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris J View Post
      Cool - as a cucumber.......

I know we shouldn't try to influence the judge but can I have an extra point under the technique heading for growing the cucumber myself?

Chris, it is with deep regret that I have to advise that I am unable give an extra point for the fact you grew your own after all, we all know that there is no photographic technical ability required to grow em. Lets see now;

1. No need to worry too much about exposure as only one kind of exposure is required to grow em, daylight. Over or indeed under exposure, unless prolonged, makes very little difference to their final appearance.

2. Cucumbers have no aperture so no guess work there then.

3. Focus: Sharp or soft you can still recognise a cucumber when you see one.

4. Focal length: Okay, some might worry about focal length :tongue: but a cucumber taste remains the same no matter what it’s length is.

5. Speed: They all grow at roughly the same speed. Slow. So no guess work or precision timing required to get that cucumber to the table.

6. Whitebalance: Again no technical ability here, It’s green, always has been and always will be. Get that right and you are always on to a winner!

So, based on the above evidence, I can only conclude and reiterate that no photographic technical experience is required to grow your own cucumber. No extra point will therefore be awarded. Not from this courgette anyway.

Steve
      EOS 400D, EOS 40D, EOS 7D
      EF 24-105L F4 IS, EF 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS, EF 50mm MK11

Comment

All that compost, water, Phostrogen, TLC, new window in the greenhouse - but to no avail. Damn!

Cheers, Chris.
        Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Heres my entry

SUMMER KEEPING COOL

p.s. Summers her name.

Coda
          There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

My Yamaha Vmax 1250cc 145bhp 2002 model. Now sadly discontinued!!

Comment

Another cool cucumber

Struggling with technology.......................

Comment

Going into the water to chill out!

Last edited by Nathaniel; 27-08-2010, 20:11.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Guess who didn't close the freezer door fully, this is cool in more ways than one, SWMBO was very Icy as was the feezer

Comment

Cool Capri

ef-r

Comment

Hello Everyone, here is my effort,................................." Cool Interiors"

Paul

Comment

Chilling out in 40 degree temperatures in Urfa, South-eastern Turkey while others bake!

keeping cool
                        Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Comment

Showers forecast
                          Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

My friend Sami looking effortlessly cool :D

Comment

Cool Dogs!

Comment

Working...
                              X