34045 Braunton, masquerading as 34052 Lord Dowding comes to the seaside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

34045 Braunton, masquerading as 34052 Lord Dowding comes to the seaside

34045 Braunton, masquerading as 34052 Lord Dowding, brought The Dartmouth Express to Devon today. It's been renamed Lord Dowding to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain during which Air Chief Marshal Hugh Dowding was head of Fighter Command. Whether by accident or design I can't say but it visited us during the Torbay Airshow which had Spitfire and Hurricane displaying. Both shots taken from the garden where I'd spent an enjoyable day watching (and photographing aircraft).

The first image was taken in overcast conditions so is the weaker of the two:
    34046 as 34052 on the down Dartmouth Express by John Leah, on Flickr

The return working saw a great improvement in the weather:
    34046 as 34052 on the up Dartmouth Express by John Leah, on Flickr

Cheers,
    John

Re: 34045 Braunton, masquerading as 34052 Lord Dowding comes to the seaside

Two nice images John, great compositions [emoji106]

Best Regards
    Peter
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks Peter

Cheers,
      John

Comment

Nicely done

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom

Cheers,
          John

Comment

nice compositions, well done John
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian

Cheers,
              John

Comment

If the sky is dull why keep it?...

The second is spot on though...

Apologies for the abysmally poor sharpness. For some reason the forum just will not post it correctly no matter what I try - a very sad state for a photo forum...
                Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks Nigel, I like it

I really must try to master the sky replacement techniques so ably demonstrated on this forum as here in the South Wet - I mean South West - we often have call to be rid of uniform grey

Cheers,
                  John

Comment

I wish my garden was that close to the line! Great photos well done.
                    Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Comment

Excellent shots and yes, how lucky are you to have a garden with that view!
                      Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Thanks Colin and Alan

When we bought this house all those years ago a friend dropped by, admired the view, and said "all you need to do now is get the trains stopped". No said I, that's the best bit Sadly, now all we have are sprinters and HSTs with no scheduled loco haulage, even diesel, so when the summer excursions come down it's a big event and I'm regularly joined 'at the lineside' by an ex 'Top Shed' fitter who lives nearby.

Cheers,
                        John

Comment

Working...
                        X