No announcement yet.

New forum and EOS M3 user saying Hi !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New forum and EOS M3 user saying Hi !

Originally posted by Stan View Post
    thanks Pascal

its a buzzard and quite common here as well

In respect of flickr, once you have clicked to make the image larger you will see some buttons to the right

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14641[/ATTACH]

click the share photo arrow

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14642[/ATTACH]

then ensure BBcode is selected, choose the size from the drop down menu and then copy link and paste to the thread on the forum

That's brilliant Stan, and many thanks for taking the time for the screenshots Anybody else stuck with that particular problem, just follow Stan' instructions ....... this is the result >>

Chateau by night
    by M3 Photography, on Flickr

That's just a tester folks ...... I'll upload in the appriate sections when ready, as I have a few questions. I know the image doesn't look great right now, and I shouldn't of put my shoddy work on flickr just yet ( but the image does have potencial ), and I'm still trying to get the feel of things. I've now got Lightroom 6 and installed the Nik plugins ...... so my images will truly convey what I actually pictured and the mood I wish to portray.

I've read many posts on here ( and other forums ), ( I think they reguard themselves as 'purists' ) that's all very fine if that's what they believe ...... and who am I to disagree ! but having worked in darkrooms in the late 70's and early 80's I understand the work that needs to be done in order to create that perfect print. There's no getting away from it, a perfect image has to be processed. Nowdays it's not necessary to stand in near darkness for hours on end to process a print ........ bits of cardboard stuck to little lengths of wood ! now I can comfortably sit at my desk and twiddle sliders all day long !

Many thanks for all your help ladies and gents.

Pascal

Comment

Re: New forum and EOS M3 user saying Hi !

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
      John - I thought it was an EOS forum, and the M3 is indeed an EOS camera!!!

Welcome M-3! I feel your pain! At least when you go to a physical shop they will remind you that you need a memory card (which sometimes feels like a straw that can break the camel's back!), whereas online they are less likely to do so. Good luck though! and looking forward to seeing your shots!

EDIT: Just realised I am very, very late to this party which is probably over!!!

Not a problem rcarca ........ that was just me trying to get a feel for the layout of the forum. And as you rightly say the M3 is very much an EOS camera, so should and is part of the forum discussions. I know it's not in the same league as the full frame DSLR's, but with it's APS-C 1.6 crop sensor it is still a very good camera, the lenses available for it are also quite good. But at first I must admit I wasn't too impressed with the images I was getting.

I did a lot of research before buying the camera, examining various image samples that people had taken with the M3 and the EF-M 18-55mm STM kit lens, I also purchased the EF-M 22mm STM wide angle, and I was still no where near getting the fine example photos I had seen online. Maybe my camera or lenses were faulty somehow ?

But I then made a short video clip in my workshop, as that's the main reason why I bought the M3. I do a lot of work in my workshop, and post on various forums stills and video clips of my work, I didn't need or want a big expensive DSLR in a dusty environment so I chose a cheaper compact solution ......... the M3 fitted all those requirements.

When I edited the video clip ( in Lightroom 6 ) as you can also edit video in LR ! I was astonished to see the quality of the video clip in HD ........ there was nothing wrong with my camera or my lenses, it had to be something else. It tuned out it was the resolution of my monitor ! Once I had fixed that, my still images were superb

As I'm based in France I'm talking Euro's here, so I wanted to buy an entire system for around €1,000 and with the M3 you can. The advantage of this is, at a later date when I intend in buying a full frame DSLR ( I'm on the prowl for a second hand Canon 5D Mark II or III ) I'll be in the position of using my EF lenses on the M3.

Would I recommend the Canon EOS M3 ? if you're on a budget, yes, definitely as a back-up to an existing Canon system ........ without a doubt ( as that's what I intend to do ! )

Yes it is 'compact', in big hands it can be a little awkward I found. And for that reason I purchased one of these >

'EOS iShoot M3 arca swiss bracket'

https://www.amazon.com/Release-Brack...+swiss+bracket

It gives the little M3 a much better grip by extending the normal grip on the camera. I find it so much easier to hold. And I can also install it directly onto my tripod as that also has the Arca-Swiss type adaptor on it.

Pascal

Comment

Working...
      X