Anyone sell jpegs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone sell jpegs?

One of my 360 panorama's is getting a lot of attention on Facebook today and I am getting asked whether I sell my work. I was thinking if maybe I was to create a site and sell my shots for maybe a couple of dollars each for a high res jpeg download, I could make a few pennies. To be honest, the print side, I'm thinking it could be more effort than worth, so was thinking if anyone want to use the jpeg as a screen backdrop or print it out, they could do it themselves.

Has anyone done this and has any advice?

Here is the pano.

Re: Anyone sell jpegs?

Ask Tony who has just posted about his. But make sure when you sell them you make it clear you retain copyright and it is just a copy of the image that is for sale etc.

Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
      One of my 360 panorama's is getting a lot of attention on Facebook today and I am getting asked whether I sell my work. I was thinking if maybe I was to create a site and sell my shots for maybe a couple of dollars each for a high res jpeg download, I could make a few pennies. To be honest, the print side, I'm thinking it could be more effort than worth, so was thinking if anyone want to use the jpeg as a screen backdrop or print it out, they could do it themselves.

Has anyone done this and has any advice?

Here is the pano.

https://www.facebook.com/TheDarkArtP...type=3&theater
      Hi,

I sold a JPEG yesterday but that was for £75 so it was worth raising an invoice as the purchaser requested. They also stipulated exactly what the image would be used for which was a brochure. That was added to the invoice. In terms of general downloads for a fee you can investigate SMUGMUG that accommodates this and you can also offer customers prints which SMUGMUG will have produced and supply direct to your customers. It might be worth you investigating - it depends how much you want to get involved.

Great image BTW!
      - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Thanks very much.

I have no real knowledge of selling prints or photography to be honest. Just something I've been trying over the last couple of years. It could be a good idea selling my work via a third party really. I am actually a printer by trade and my work has won various awards, so I have a pretty good eye for detail, but I've never felt with digital printing myself, just mid/large volume books and magazine. Might be time to do a bit more investigating

Comment

The shot I sold for the Japanese c.d sleeve was a j.peg ,but I certainly would NOT sell anything for a couple of dollars ,up to and around £100 seems to be the going rate ,for online use .if your selling prints that's a completely different market

Comment

Working...
          X