Extreme Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Makeover

I took some photos of the Flying Scotsman...One was a very "poor snap", so while on a flight back from Germany today I had a play to waste away the time....these are the three versions

original:
    FS4 Before rev1 small.jpg
    FS4 After rev2 small.jpg
    FS4 pencil.jpg
    Last edited by Helidoc44; 14-07-2016, 20:15.

Re: Extreme Makeover

Ohh I like that processing on the 2nd image. Works very well.

Tom

Comment

the old fashioned image works well but the last none not, as it just makes an image that was slightly soft to start more so, although could be due to the direct upload

stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

No2 for sure...

The processing and resultant style is so right for this subject.

I can see what you were trying for in the last - maybe a bit more work to try and get some detail into the featureless exhaust plume - the blank sky I can accept.

First one's a bit lacking in sparkle though. Needs a bit more oomph. As there's a lot of blank sky and quite uninteresting foreground why keep it, go letterbox style to emphasise the width and the motion of the engine passing through the scene. Also need some contrast adjustment too, I was thinking of something like this...

FS4 Before rev1 smaller.jpg

Or of course there's the mono option to consider...

FS4 Before rev1 smaller BW.jpg

Apologies for the lack of sharpness - the forum software strikes again...
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Hi Nigel

The first photo is totally untouched, so isn't very good. It was for comparison to the second photo. I was just trying to show how some quick (about 30 mins on a plane) of Photoshop can make a big difference (even if a little rough!!). Including removing the power cables and wind turbines, blurring, toning, etc. I have BW conversions, where I've first removed the power cables, but here I was going a little more extreme.
          I agree about the 3rd photo, not good, however, it again shows a "rough" affect that is achieved in under 2 minutes!!....better suited to portraits with more time spent on them.

Comment

Like the processing on number two, really fits the subject.
            Patrick

Find me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136664727@N04/

Comment

Working...
            X