Last sunset of the summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last sunset of the summer

I decided on another last minute visit to my favourite beach to capture this wonderful sky / sunset. Not much movement in the sky structure but a worthwhile visit I feel. Canon 5D MkII, 17-40mm f4 L, 3 part HDR. C&C most welcome.

#1.

#2.

#3.
    Also check out: http://www.flickr.com/photos/deemac1965/ and http://studiograff65.wordpress.com/

Re: Last sunset of the summer

I haven’t taken a good sunset in ages, so I appreciate it even more when someone else gets a good result.

These really look like how your eye would have seen them and the camera would never capture that without grads, or HDR. This is how HDR should be used, it is believable and quite stunning. Difficult for me to choose one over another, but on balance #3.

Well done and you might have even inspired me to try some sunsets again!

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Great, I like number 3 best for colour, and its got more stuff in the foreground.
      Keep up the good work man !
      Trev

Comment

Brilliant images and as Colin said, this is how HDR should be. I am also going for #3 as there is more detail in the foreground which isn't there in the first two. Can see why this is your favourite beach.

David
        David

Comment

Very nice set of images..number 3 is my favorite.

Coda
          There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Excellent series. As already said how HDR should be done

Comment

^^^^^ what they all said Nice set... well done... HDR imaging at it's best...
              I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
              Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

The foreground makes No 3 my favorite, I was impressed with 1 and 2 before I scrolled to see No 3, great work.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

nice work appreciate it , but not feeling the photos :s

Comment

Superb images. The reflection in the water accentuates the perspective for me. Well done!

Comment

All stunning shots, #1 & #2 being my favorites.

Duncan
                      Canon 5D mkii

Mountain Landscape Photography
                      Blog

Comment

It looks great. I love these colours. I love HDR especially sunsets. well done
                        My passion is saving people's beautiful memories :
                        Wedding Photography Birmingham , Wedding Photographer Birmingham
                        From cry to laugh ... from tears to smile ... I want to save it ...
                        I want to preserve the most precious moments of people's lifes.

Comment

Wow ... everybody is going for number 3. But I like number 1 the most. Beautiful sunset!
                          With kind regards,
                          Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Comment

Working...
                          X