CHALLENGE 121 A CHURCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CHALLENGE 121 A CHURCH

St.Asaph Parish church, North East Wales.

St.Asaph Parish church 19th Sept 2016 001 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

church-2 by M Kurek, on Flickr

Eton Wick Road Chapel
      Last edited by Mareq78; 19-09-2016, 23:06.
      https://flic.kr/ps/3cQ8NW

Comment

St Patrick's Chapel, Glastonbury Abbey, Somerset.
        This tiny 500 year old chapel, tucked away among the ruins of Glastonbury Abbey, is still a functioning place of worship.

St Patrick's Chapel, Glastonbury Abbey, Somerset by John Leah, on Flickr

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Notre Dame caught between the rain drops...

Through the rain (2) by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Richard
          Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Ok folks time is now up, I will try my best on the judging and put up the results in the next couple of days.

Comment

Results will be in tomorrow night folks

Comment

Well here goes folks, I would like to say that I am not an expert at this and will give my opinion as I see fit.

1, TonyT. For the shot of Melbourne Church and Pool. A very nice scenic shot that I do like, if it had been my shot I might of tried a cropping out the foreground.

2, Paul Ekert. I think it would have been better to if you could of moved back and got more of the inside shot, but I do like the blurry window in view.

3, ST-EOS, A lovely shot of the Round Church Bowmore, a good clear shot but if I was picky, then I would of cloned out the light coming out of the headstone on the right and lifted the shadows a bit for the roof.

4, John Liddle, A lovely looking little family church, I like the flower pots on the doorstep, it might have been an idea to clone the cable and box on the right side of the wall.

5, Digiman, Think it goes well in mono, but a better angle of view might have been better as the twigs draw my eye away from the shot.

6, Lunarbo. I look at this shot and think Wow ! It has the lot in, a lovely church looking down on the harbour. A great pin sharp shot great lighting and even a great looking Tall ship in dock too.

7, Chris J, The chapel, a nice looking shot inside with the main focus being on the back window and tomb.

8, Columbarius, The ceiling boss is very eye catching, a shame it had to be changed. I do like the shot of the Minster looking down on to the town houses below.

9, AlexR, I look at this shot and think Wow what a great work of art it is, and it must be better to see it in real life as I would loved to of seen the whole shot of it, I think it is stunning.

10, Nathaniel, St Asaph Parish church, Nicely taken shot and I like the different shades of stone work that makes up the church, plus nice to see the church bell just in view.

11, Mareq78, Eton Wick chapel, Looking at the shadows on the flint, I wonder if it would have been better to take the shot of the side to enhance the shadows while showing the chapel.

12, ColytonJohn, St Patrick`s chapel, A lovely looking little with a good pov looking at the main window. A shame you could not get the whole of both sides in view, plus my eye is drawn to the bright light on the left hand side.

13, rcara, Notre Dame, a lovely shot of the great Notre Dame on the riverbank, like that it was taken on a sunset as it brings out all the colours very well, I might of cloned out the crane though, and maybe taken the shot at a better angle to show off more of the great Notre Dame.

In order of my choices and thanks for all who put in

3rd rcara

2nd AlexR

1st Barbara

Comment

Well done Dave. It's tough having to judge the work of others. But you did well. Thanks. Well done Lunarbo et al.
                  Last edited by Columbarius; 24-09-2016, 13:55.
                  Russell
                  Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Well done on setting and judging your first comp, Dave, very nicely done. And great to get a decent number of entries, and there were some excellent images in there; hopefully everyone who entered this will do so again and we'll gradually build the numbers up.
                    Thanks for the constructive comments made on each, and particular thanks for including mine in your top 3. And well done Bo on a cracking winning image.
                    Canon EOS 7D
                    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Well done and congratulations Bo. Also well done to Dave for setting and judging the competition.
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Ooh Dave, I didn't expect that against a tough field!!

Many thanks for setting and judging this contest with constructive comments, I hope you found it an interesting experience.

Good to have an improved number of entries and hope we can keep the momentum going.

I'll put my thinking cap on for the next challenge and post very soon.
                        Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Thank you for the kind words folks, I did really enjoy judging as some great shots were put in. I look forward to joining in again and hope you get the same amount of shots put in Bo

Comment

Thanks for placing me Dave! Well done Bo. Looking forward to the next one...

Best

Richard
                            Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Congratulations to Barbara and grateful thanks to Dave for setting and judging an interestng challenge
                              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Congratulations to the winner and those placed. Well done Dave and thanks for choosing and judging your challenge. I shall eagerly await Barbaras challenge [emoji106]

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
                                Peter

Feel free to browse my
                                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Working...
                                X