Lost in his thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost in his thoughts

Really trying to break out of my comfort zone and "make" myself get more comfy with street photography. Went down to London last week doing a photography / book project and which is based on people, so, its about time I got over this personal hurdle I have.

I decided on a bit of a gritty feel processing with this one and its what I pictured in my mind when I looked down the firing range at him.

Very new to me, so, always happy and looking for feedback.

Many thanks

Lost in Thought by Andrew Nixon, on Flickr
    Andy

EOS 6D | 16-35 F/4 | 24-105mm f4L | 50mm F1.8 | Canon 70-200 F2.8 MKII
    Flickr Page
    Facebook Page

Re: Lost in his thoughts

Thinking hard "how can I win back my lost love?"!!!
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
      Thinking hard "how can I win back my lost love?"!!!

Hey Nat, you could be right...Who knows...I wasn't that far away from him and he was totally oblivious to anything and everything around him..
      Andy

Flickr Page
      Facebook Page

Comment

excellent work - you should stick with street you have a great eye..Its something I try to do and its not easy
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
          excellent work - you should stick with street you have a great eye..Its something I try to do and its not easy
          Really appreciate that Ian..To be honest, after about the first half an hour, I was well into it, poor shutter took a right battering. Looking over the images from this little exercise, I've surprised myself a bit to be fair..

Cheers
          Andy

Flickr Page
          Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by atnixon View Post
            Really appreciate that Ian..To be honest, after about the first half an hour, I was well into it, poor shutter took a right battering. Looking over the images from this little exercise, I've surprised myself a bit to be fair..

Cheers

Its times like this I miss living in a busy city where you can find the more interesting people - think I need a road trip to Valencia as thats an hour down the road and should have some more action there ...

The question is do you go sneaky street or ask? my last street photo I really liked but I asked the guy first - but in a case like yours you've just got to point and hope

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post

Its times like this I miss living in a busy city where you can find the more interesting people - think I need a road trip to Valencia as thats an hour down the road and should have some more action there ...

The question is do you go sneaky street or ask? my last street photo I really liked but I asked the guy first - but in a case like yours you've just got to point and hope
              Yeah, I live near to a town, no real big cities near me, thus taking the train to London ( about hour and half away ). For me, I wanted as natural as possible, so sneaky all the way. Well, as sneaky as you can be with a 70-200 F2.8...
              Andy

Flickr Page
              Facebook Page

Comment

I wanted as natural as possible, so sneaky all the way. Well, as sneaky as you can be with a 70-200 F2.8...
                ... keeping your distance so you can run LOL

Comment

A good image Andy.

Well, as sneaky as you can be with a 70-200 F2.8...
                  A possible argument for the smaller Canon camera like the M3?
                  John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

It's a good street image....it's nice when you get into it....bit like fishing though, not knowing what opportunities will arise.
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
                      A good image Andy.

A possible argument for the smaller Canon camera like the M3?
                      Many thanks John. Well, my main focus is landscape photography to be honest John and I love my 6D for that. I think if this really twigs a positive note for me, I might have to invest in something a little smaller for this kind of work. Thanks for the feedback.

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                      It's a good street image....it's nice when you get into it....bit like fishing though, not knowing what opportunities will arise.

Appreciate it Brian, thank you. Yes, it actually felt really natural and easy once I'd got going with it and I REALLY enjoyed it all. A good experience, learnt a lot from it with regards to framing, spontaneity and generally just learning to let go of my fears.
                      Andy

Flickr Page
                      Facebook Page

Comment

Fabulous work Andy. You seem to be a natural at this.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                          Fabulous work Andy. You seem to be a natural at this.

Tom
                          Appreciate your feedback Tom, thank you mate...Really enjoyed the different experience..
                          Andy

Flickr Page
                          Facebook Page

Comment

That's a cracking shot. I'd say you have a real talent for this genre. If I was to offer a suggestion perhaps tone down or even crop the top right hand corner as the brightness of it moves my eye away from the main subject. Other than that the processing is cracking 👍

Comment

Originally posted by taxboy View Post
                              That's a cracking shot. I'd say you have a real talent for this genre. If I was to offer a suggestion perhaps tone down or even crop the top right hand corner as the brightness of it moves my eye away from the main subject. Other than that the processing is cracking ��
                              Really appreciate all your feedback, thank you. Yes, I get exactly what you mean about the brighter area. I'll see if I can pull it down a touch via brightness or exposure. I just don't want it too verge towards grey, which is what I reckon will happen...I'll also have a play with cropping too, see how that looks.

Many thanks
                              Andy

Flickr Page
                              Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X