Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My opinion.

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
    Welcome to the forum daisy ,at the end of the day it's your camera and your photos ,do as you wish post your images ,take critique on your shoulders and develop your own style .you may change your thinking with time but please remember the only rule is there are no rules . We all have our own opinions . how things should look and the best photos are the ones that you can't tell have been altered .
    So go ahead post some photos we may rip them to pieces or we may say wow this girls got talent .the ball is firmly in your court
    agree, good posting with age comes wisdom :)
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

One day Ian I,ll catch up with you ,a few thousand miles is no protection

Comment

Having seen your photos Dave, I think your insect ones are really good. But we're they all "tweaked" by you, or are some of them as you took them?

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
          Having seen your photos Dave, I think your insect ones are really good. But we're they all "tweaked" by you, or are some of them as you took them?
          Hi Daisy thank you, not all of the insect ones are tweaked as it would ruin them if I over did it.

Comment

daisy could you possibly open a thread up about your pet hate in the main forum ,this is supposed to be a introduction area not a soapbox section

Comment

tweaked, as in processed - Dave shots Raw they have to be processed

You do seem rather obsessed with this, can I ask you, what do you think people did before digital ? they were sent away and processed and in many occasions the company processing the image would apply sharpness at least to an image

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                can I ask you, what do you think people did before digital ? they were sent away and processed and in many occasions the company processing the image would apply sharpness at least to an image
                They sent them to Boots and got rubbish prints back! That's why people had their own darkrooms. I was a lucky kid because my schools had darkrooms. And then when I started work I bought my own kit. In fact you didn't sharpen them because there was no such concept - you merely focused the enlarger properly, which the big machines never did! And you dodged and burned, and pushed and pulled the negatives and the prints etc etc etc.

I am still waiting for Daisy to show us how we are all admiring the Emperor's New Clothes... which we may be doing...
                Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
                  They sent them to Boots and got rubbish prints back! That's why people had their own darkrooms. I was a lucky kid because my schools had darkrooms. And then when I started work I bought my own kit. In fact you didn't sharpen them because there was no such concept - you merely focused the enlarger properly, which the big machines never did! And you dodged and burned, and pushed and pulled the negatives and the prints etc etc etc.

I am still waiting for Daisy to show us how we are all admiring the Emperor's New Clothes... which we may be doing...
                  I'm sure I used to a service where some additional processing work would be done - but either way it still needed processing as does a Raw - or just let the camera do the processing for you

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
                    I'm sure I used to a service where some additional processing work would be done - but either way it still needed processing as does a Raw - or just let the camera do the processing for you
                    Quite so! There may have been photo-finishers who did a better job - I could rarely afford that. But I totally agree with your sentiments!

Comment

I was trying to explain this to my 14-yo nephew this weekend - he has recently got a 1300D. He is of the opinion that anything done outside of the camera is "cheating". I told him that whether you make a change (e.g. a change of exposure) via the camera menu before you take the shot or whether you do it on the computer after the shot has been taken, it really does amount to the same thing. I'm not sure he was 100% convinced but hopefully he'll take some of it on-board.
                      Chris
                      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Perhaps it's just people who are knew to photography? , and who are yet to understand and appreciate the art of post processing?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think this thread "my opinion" should be transferred to the" Photo discussions" thread, as it is unnecessarily confusing the new members thread.Perhaps Robert might like to look into this.

Thanks.
                          Nathaniel
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Good idea [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Agree as it might put off a new member.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave61 View Post
                                Agree as it might put off a new member.
                                Why? Surely it shows that we are discussing a new member's concerns and taking them seriously, while also making some suggestions!!! Isn't that what the forum is for???

Richard

Comment

Working...
                                X