Enjoying Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoying Life

This young lady was happily listening to her music, drawing the view across the Thames of the London Eye. She was very happy to take 10 minutes of her day to talk to me.

Despite being an ex self harmer, she's now loving her life and not done harm for about 3 years, although the scars on her arms will never fade. Really was great to see her smiling so much.

Enjoying Life by Andrew Nixon, on Flickr
    Andy

EOS 6D | 16-35 F/4 | 24-105mm f4L | 50mm F1.8 | Canon 70-200 F2.8 MKII
    Flickr Page
    Facebook Page

Re: Enjoying Life

That's a lovely happy photograph that made me smile as soon as I opened it - even more so after reading her story

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
      That's a lovely happy photograph that made me smile as soon as I opened it - even more so after reading her story

Cheers,
      John

Thank you very much indeed John...Its always heart warming when we can overcome a problem in life and learn to move on from it and be happy...She was really very open with me and was great to talk to her for a few minutes.
      Andy

Flickr Page
      Facebook Page

Comment

Excellent shot Andy
        Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
          Excellent shot Andy
          Many thanks Alan...
          Andy

Flickr Page
          Facebook Page

Comment

I do like this Andy...really captures her character....not that i know her, but your background info helps.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Very well taken Andy

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
                I do like this Andy...really captures her character....not that i know her, but your background info helps.
                Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                Very well taken Andy

Tom
                Thank you vey much Gents
                Andy

Flickr Page
                Facebook Page

Comment

I do like the portrait itself but not too keen on the background which is too blurred to convey any inkling of the location

Stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Nice capture which is enhanced by the back story. The evidence of her past problems are clearly visible on her arms though her expresion suggests that she is in a better place. I wish her well.
                    Peter

Feel free to browse my
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Great image again, Andy. Love the framing created by the background, and the composition. I would have avoided a central subject, particularly with her facing slightly to one side, but you are right, it works. And the subtlety of showing her scars on the supporting arm, not drawing attention to them, but they are their as part of her life story.
                      Canon EOS 7D
                      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                        I do like the portrait itself but not too keen on the background which is too blurred to convey any inkling of the location

Stan
                        Thanks a lot for your feedback Stan and I do understand where you are coming from with regards to the background. I kind of did that on purpose so that the image is solely based upon the individual and life story, rather whats around her and where she was, if you follow me. Its a very valid point though and i'll concider it in future images of this ilk.

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
                        Nice capture which is enhanced by the back story. The evidence of her past problems are clearly visible on her arms though her expresion suggests that she is in a better place. I wish her well.
                        Many thanks Peter. Yeah, really visibly on her arms. It was more so on her legs, which she was happy to show me and there is no other way than to say they were a real mess. She was quite open about it all and of course is so happy to of moved on and past that point in her life. Cheers
                        Andy

Flickr Page
                        Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                          Great image again, Andy. Love the framing created by the background, and the composition. I would have avoided a central subject, particularly with her facing slightly to one side, but you are right, it works. And the subtlety of showing her scars on the supporting arm, not drawing attention to them, but they are their as part of her life story.
                          Hey Alex, appreciate all your feedback. Locating the subject in an image's composition is something that i'll be concentrating hard on the next time i'm out doing this style of shooting. I think its a case of finding my eye for composition and looking to improve and get better.
                          Andy

Flickr Page
                          Facebook Page

Comment

What a wonderful opportunity to take a photo of someone with a story to tell and happy to communicate with you.

I like the mono treatment but wonder if lightening the shadows a bit would help.
                            Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Originally posted by lunarbo View Post
                              What a wonderful opportunity to take a photo of someone with a story to tell and happy to communicate with you.

I like the mono treatment but wonder if lightening the shadows a bit would help.
                              Thanks very much for your opinion on this one, Lunarbo...I'll have a play with the shadows to see what effect it has, but, do quite like the "low key'ish" feel to this one
                              Andy

Flickr Page
                              Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X