Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Enjoying Life

Andy

I think this is superb. A quality photograph! Personally I like the thin DoF to concentrate on the girl who is the essence of the photograph. Great work! There is next to nothing I would change. The dappled lighting was always going to be a challenge, but to me, given the background story that you have provided (a la Humans of New York) it complements the story.

I came back and had another look, partly because of Alex's comment about the central placement. It seems to me that having captured her in the "V" of the out of focus background puts her in a strong place in the photograph.

Richard

I keep coming back - can't quite leave this alone!
    Last edited by rcarca; 22-09-2016, 07:40.
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Re: Enjoying Life

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
      Andy

I think this is superb. A quality photograph! Personally I like the thin DoF to concentrate on the girl who is the essence of the photograph. Great work! There is next to nothing I would change. The dappled lighting was always going to be a challenge, but to me, given the background story that you have provided (a la Humans of New York) it complements the story.

I came back and had another look, partly because of Alex's comment about the central placement. It seems to me that having captured her in the "V" of the out of focus background puts her in a strong place in the photograph.

Richard

I keep coming back - can't quite leave this alone!
      Hey Richard....Created a bit of an addiction for you, have I? ha ha ha...Really glad you like this one and your feedback is most welcomed. Yeah, this image was all about her, rather than what was going on around her or where she was, as ultimately with this background, she could be sitting anywhere in the world, rather than London. This is being printed next week on a pearl type paper which will give a very slight metallic feel to the mid tone greys, looking forward to seeing that.
      Andy

EOS 6D | 16-35 F/4 | 24-105mm f4L | 50mm F1.8 | Canon 70-200 F2.8 MKII
      Flickr Page
      Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
      X