Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS RT INFO WANTED

Hi everyone

I've got an EOS RT and have just noticed something that I hadn't been aware of; apparently, EOS RT's are supposed to have (on the main on/off circular button) the letters "RT" which is supposed to be where the camera switches into "Real Time" mode and amazingly, mine hasn't got those letters on the dial !! I did some searching on the net and I found someone's film on YouTube showing an RT in use and their camera hadn't got it aswell.

My on/off switch says 'L' then 'A' then a funny sign for (I'm guessing) camera shake???? Where is this so-called RT Mode then??? Anybody got any ideas because I'm kinda stumped!!

Cheers.
    Sometimes, it's not about doing things right, its about doing the right thing !!!

Re: EOS RT INFO WANTED

'L' is OFF
    'A' is on without the beeper
    ((.)) is on with the beeper

Is the camera clearly marked 'EOS RT' on the front (to the right of the lens mount)?

Does the main dial feature a green square? If so, the camera is not the EOS RT. The green square (Programmed Image Control) was replaced by the 'RT' setting on the EOS RT.

The EOS RT is based on the EOS 600 (also known as the EOS 630 in North America), so much so that the RT instruction manual just talks about features unique to the camera and refers you to the EOS 600 manual for the main operating instructions.

I have noticed that some posts on the internet refer to the EOS RT as the EOS 630 RT, which is incorrect.

Th EOS RT has a fixed pellicle mirror, allowing some of the light through to the film as well as reflecting some of the light to the viewfinder.

In the 'A' and ((.)) modes the shutter lag is about 100 milliseconds - similar to that of the EOS 600 and other EOS single-lens reflex cameras. In the RT mode the shutter lag drops to 8 milliseconds - firing almost instantly when you press the shutter button.
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
      'L' is OFF
      'A' is on without the beeper
      ((.)) is on with the beeper

Is the camera clearly marked 'EOS RT' on the front (to the right of the lens mount)?

Does the main dial feature a green square? If so, the camera is not the EOS RT. The green square (Programmed Image Control) was replaced by the 'RT' setting on the EOS RT.

The EOS RT is based on the EOS 600 (also known as the EOS 630 in North America), so much so that the RT instruction manual just talks about features unique to the camera and refers you to the EOS 600 manual for the main operating instructions.

I have noticed that some posts on the internet refer to the EOS RT as the EOS 630 RT, which is incorrect.

Th EOS RT has a fixed pellicle mirror, allowing some of the light through to the film as well as reflecting some of the light to the viewfinder.

In the 'A' and ((.)) modes the shutter lag is about 100 milliseconds - similar to that of the EOS 600 and other EOS single-lens reflex cameras. In the RT mode the shutter lag drops to 8 milliseconds - firing almost instantly when you press the shutter button.

Hi Robert. Thanks for the reply. Yes, the camera is clearly marked RT and does have the pellicle mirror ????
      Sometimes, it's not about doing things right, its about doing the right thing !!!

Comment

I'm assuming that the camera does not have the green square setting on the main dial. Is there an unmarked click setting on this dial which could be the 'RT' position?
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

No it doesn't have the green square and there is no other unmarked click position.

Comment

I have one exactly the same as yours, no RT or green square on the dial and it does have the fixed pellicle mirror.I have never used but reading through the instruction book it would appear that the shutter lag time can be adjusted with Function 14.
            It looks as though it defaults to 8ms but can be set to 40ms with the function set.

I'm wondering if this is a later or earlier version than the normal ones. Very little info on the web about this camera.

Ray

Comment

Working...
            X