Challenge nš 122- Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Challenge nš 122- Red

Thanks to Barbara for setting and judging the challenge - especially for her thoughtful comments on each entry.

Well done Alex and the runners-up - I look forward to the next!
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Thanks Barbara for the judging and congratulations to Alex on the win

Tom

Comment

Well done all - great photos! I find the judges' critiques in these challenges very informative and the comments are an invaluable learning tool. I was a whisker away from entering this one, but decided not to stick my head above the parapet, so to speak. Maybe the next one
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Chris- as long as you appreciate I (and most other judges here) are amateurs, but thanks for the observation

However I have found judging itself to be a learning experience for me - focusing on why something does or does not work and how to better an image. Others may have a different point of view -after all they submitted the image- but hopefully comments are taken on board.

Maybe the next one
          Well why not?
          Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Originally posted by ctrollen View Post
            Well done all - great photos! I find the judges' critiques in these challenges very informative and the comments are an invaluable learning tool. I was a whisker away from entering this one, but decided not to stick my head above the parapet, so to speak. Maybe the next one
            Hi Chris, as you know on this forum there are great photographers. I put in a shot NEVER thinking it could win, and it did and what a buzz it gave me. So if I can win one then I am sure you can too, so look forward to you joining in mate

Comment

Wow, Bo, I hadn't expected that (and no I don't mean the Soanish Inquisition...), but thanks for your, and others, kind comments. Great topic, high quality entries and your excellent and perceptive critique when judging. Good to see a decent number of entries again too, so hopefully we will keep that going for the next challenge. Speaking of which I will try to come up with a theme and post it up this week.
              Canon EOS 7D
              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

I will always join in on these challenges as it is great, plus I really do like the feedback too, because at the end of the day, the feedback will help me more.
                Last edited by Dave61; 18-10-2016, 18:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave61 View Post
                  I will always join in on these challenges as it is great, plus I really do like the feedback too, because at the end of the day, the feedback will help me more.
                  Good point, well made.

As I said, I nearly entered this one - but only because I was processing some shots taken in Suffolk last month and I had a few that fitted the bill. However, they were mainly just snapshots and of course, they weren't taken with the challenge in mind. I will look out for the next one and will try to get something specifically for the challenge. If nothing else, it will force me to get out and about with the camera, something which I've not had much chance to do over the last couple of weeks.
                  Chris
                  80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Working...
                  X