late september dragonfly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late september dragonfly

weird weather lots of dragonflies about yesterday more like august than september ,this ones was right under the hide window ,steve dawes will laugh if he reads this as he knows the hide , i was leaning out of the window which folds down vertically leaning on the glass to get this shot literally standing on tip-toe i was that far out

last of the summer wine by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Re: late september dragonfly

HAHA still laughing at the picture in my mind of you taking that shot but it was worth it as its a nice photograph
    Steve ( LSINWP )
    1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

i was leaning out of the window which folds down vertically leaning on the glass to get this shot literally standing on tip-toe i was that far out
      the things we do to get a shot but of course from that angle the background has become too messy but nothing you could do about that

looks like it is a ruddy darter rather than common
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        the things we do to get a shot but of course from that angle the background has become too messy but nothing you could do about that

looks like it is a ruddy darter rather than common
        As Steve well knows the windows at this hide are massive with the bottom ones opening outwards and down to form a L shape and the upper windows open inwards and up leaving a gap of around four feet x four feet ,ideal for bi.f .unfortunately they suffer from abuse I.e slamming by heavy handed muppets and the hinges frequently get broken on the upper windows so they have to be fixed down .this was the case with this particular window I still don't know how I managed to get the shot ,no more laughs Steve

Comment

Working...
        X