The red cuillions of skye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The red cuillions of skye

After quite a few visit and a couple of climbs, it was truely satifying to see this ridge out of the clouds after a long slog over the heather during a summers night hike last year.
    Attached Files

Re: The red cuillions of skye

A lovely scene Paul, thanks for sharing

Tom

Comment

Hi Paul, very nice image, I'm sure it would benefit from an upload from Flickr rather than direct which tends to loose some of the detail.

I'm going to Skye in a couple of weeks hoping the weather pattern of the past few weeks changes and its a bit drier.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

The weather in skye does tend to have a mind of its own but I would say that just being their tends to give me a great feeling, similar to yosemite. Some places I guess are just special.
        Despite that, bad weather can actually improve some landscapes such as the neist point lighthouse scene, various places along the ridge and even bridal veil waterfalls ( both below were during heavy cloud).
        Have fun
        Attached Files

Comment

Whilst I've been to Skye quite a few times never taken time to visit the Bridal Veil Falls. I know these are very short walk from the road so might visit this time.

Presume a typo as an 'o' in Cuillins.

Once again I think your images have suffered from the direct upload. Flickr will help, doesn't cost any thing so worth signing up.

Just for comparison

From Flickr
          Snipe 2 by tblake2007, on Flickr

And direct upload
          Snipe 2.jpg

Even with difference in size you can see difference in how the image looks.
          Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS

Comment

Clear blue skies in Skye today

Nice pano.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyelines View Post
              Clear blue skies in Skye today

Nice pano.
              Hope to get some of this weather when we visit in just over a week.

Comment

Yes, lets hope so.

The summer was mostly awful.

Comment

I like the composition of the panorama but really need to see a Flickr link to truly appreciate it.

Cheers,
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X