Lyttelton from the Port Hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lyttelton from the Port Hills

I'm looking forward to our next visit in February. I was surprised at how little of ChCh in 2014 had been rebuilt after 2011. But there was some signs of progress a limited tram route had started again but there was still buildings to be demolished etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Re: Lyttelton from the Port Hills

Stunning images, both, of a beautiful place. I loved Lyttleton, brings back very happy memories. Heart-breaking to know how much it suffered in the earthquake.
      Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Re: Lyttelton from the Port Hills

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
        I'm looking forward to our next visit in February. I was surprised at how little of ChCh in 2014 had been rebuilt after 2011. But there was some signs of progress a limited tram route had started again but there was still buildings to be demolished etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        To be honest, not much has been built at all. Loads of damaged buildings are still being knocked down, even right in the centre. One thing you won't have trouble doing, is finding a parking space with all the empty land! They reckon it will be another 30 years before it will all start coming together now. It's quite amazing seeing the amount to empty ship containers being used to reinforce dangerous buildings and cliffs from collapsing. I will post some pictures soon

Comment

Working...
        X