Second Moon Attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Moon Attempt

After your feedback last time following my first ever moon shot , I waited for a half moon shot and got my chance this evening , didn't even notice all the tiny stars until I put it on the computer

Moon shot with stars by steve dawes, on Flickr
    Steve ( LSINWP )
    1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Re: Second Moon Attempt

Excellent crater detail and shadow this time! Being picky, the fringing along the limb is distracting me - can't decide if it's atmospheric due to shutter speed or simply chromatic from the lens. However it's still a great shot.

Comment

Very nice, but I'm not sure why you have stars to the immediate left of the light/darl line across the moon! Surely, the moon should be there and would be blocking out the stars!?

M
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
        Excellent crater detail and shadow this time! Being picky, the fringing along the limb is distracting me - can't decide if it's atmospheric due to shutter speed or simply chromatic from the lens. However it's still a great shot.
        Thanks for the feedback , not sure either about the fringing
        Steve ( LSINWP )
        1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
          Very nice, but I'm not sure why you have stars to the immediate left of the light/darl line across the moon! Surely, the moon should be there and would be blocking out the stars!?

M
          Thanks Mike , cant answer your question on the stars , just took the shot and didnt even see any stars until I cropped it on the computer
          Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

Nicely done Steve

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post

M
              Agreed - nothing within the overall diameter is stellar. Anything immediately beyond the terminator could be partially lit high ridge craters but the remainder should be dark.

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                Nicely done Steve

Tom
                Thanks Tom
                Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

Lovely shot, some good detail

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by supergeeman View Post
                    Lovely shot, some good detail

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
                    Thanks for looking
                    Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

I think this is a great effort, nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave61 View Post
                        I think this is a great effort, nice one.
                        Thanks for the feedback Dave
                        Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

Better detail this time Steve but not sure why you have a few unwanted artifacts.
                          I may have missed it somewhere in the post but what settings did you use on this occasion if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks Paul
                          EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                          Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Great shot and great details!

Comment

Working...
                            X