Challenge 123: Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Challenge 123: Trees

Indeed, well done folks and thanks for the feedback comments :-)

Comment

A well supported challenge I echo Alex's comments on the number of entries to this one.
      Thank you Alex for running and judging the challenge, your feedback to the entrants is concise and informative. Finally my congratulations to Richard, Gary and Brian, well done [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Congratulations to Brian, for coming top of the tree (sorry!) and to Gary and Richard for their success at branch level (!) - even greater achievements bearing in mind the superb high turnout

Alex- great topic and many thanks for the setting and judging with positive feedback.
        Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Congrats to all.
          My first comp for a while, trust me to enter one with so many entries
          Would not liked having to judge on that many!
          Well done Alex for setting and judging
          Ray

Comment

Congrats Brian. Well done. Also congrats to the two runners up and to all those who took part. Well done.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Well done to all who entered, especially the runners-up and Brian, whose image was a worthy winner.

Also thanks for Alex for putting the time & effort into commenting on each and every one of the nineteen entries. I try to learn as much as possible from critiques of other people's shots as much as my own.

On the subject of which, I'd like to again say thanks to Alex for the nice comments on my entry. It makes it sound like everything in the shot was planned, rather than the "I wonder what will happen if I point the camera up this trunk" approach that was the reality. I hadn't even spotted the ivy or the spider until I looked at it on the computer! Nevertheless, I was quite pleased with it.
              Chris
              80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Well done Brian, a well deserved win 2nd place, wow, thanks Alex! I wondered about the vignette too. I had a vision for the image, and tried to get what was in my mind. Almost managed it!

A fantastic challenge and very well turned out. Thanks for the great feedback on all the images, and looking forward to the next one,

Garry
                Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

A great and varied set of entries from which Brian was rightly picked as the winner
                  Thanks to Alex for setting such a good topic and his well considered critique

Cheers,
                  John

Comment

My first time & loved the positive feedback to us all, but took all the comments to me with pleasure. Thank you Alex & well done Brian, cannot wait to see what task you set next month.

Comment

I seem to have been away for ages. Great competition, and lovely to see so many entries. Thanks to Alex and congratulations to Brian!
                      Last edited by rcarca; 25-11-2016, 13:36.
                      Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Hello all

here is one of my first pictures please be patient. Thank you!
                        IMG_1382.jpg
                        Respect!...because i care about...

Comment

HI Cesar

This challenge has been finished and judged so no point submitting an entry

Watch out for challenge number 124 which should be along shortly -you will be most welcome to enter.

We appreciate English is not your first language, so this forum will be a double learning curve for you!

Bo
                          Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Wow amazing, I didn't think I had a chance with such a super range of entries. The next challenge is in development and will launch shortly!
                            Sorry for my lateness I've been distracted in too many directions to bore you with...
                            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

As said it has finished, but I am intrigued, ZZtop what are those things in your picture?
                              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                              X