Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LR filmstrip pics

Hello everyone

Been a while but I'm back with another question about LR, when I open LR there's thousands of pics in the filmstrip at the bottom of the main screen, most of them are what looks like sample pics which are out of focus and mean nothing to me, do I really need them? when I finally subscribe to LR will they get in the way, thanks in advance.

Sean.

Re: LR filmstrip pics

The filmstrip is the thumbnail preview of the current folder you have selected. You can make it bigger or smaller by dragging the top border, or hide it by clicking on the triangle tab to the bottom centre of it.

As far as getting rid of it when you subscribe, unless I have totally missed your point, they are all your photos from your catalogue that are included, an integral part of LR

Hope this helps,

Garry
    Last edited by digiman; 23-10-2016, 14:38.
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
      The filmstrip is the thumbnail preview of the current folder you have selected. You can make it bigger or smaller by dragging the top border, or hide it by clicking on the triangle tab to the bottom centre of it.

As far as getting rid of it when you subscribe, unless I have totally missed your point, they are all your photos from your catalogue that are included, an integral part of LR

Hope this helps,

Garry
      Correct - they are thumbnail images of the folder oh images that you are viewing. Select the thumbnail you are interested in and then you able to process it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      James Boardman Woodend
      www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

This is the thing, I don't want to process them I'd like to know if I can get rid of them if they're no use, I'll try to take a pic with my iPad and post them so you guys can see what I mean, I'm probably not explaining myself fully, Lightroom is a mystery to me at the moment, thanks.

Sean.

Comment

You want to get rid of the actual images? Or just the film strip?

Comment

Just the images, I'll need the filmstrip when I import my own images, or will I? like I said it's a mystery to me and I find it daunting, I suppose it'll become clearer once I get going on it.

Sean.

Comment

Are these the test images from windows you are seeing? Sounds like it could be a watched folder on your desktop, such as "My Pictures" which are automatically included in your library. What you need to remember with lightroom is that it's library is virtual. Your images are stored in folders outside lightroom and lightroom just references those and tags them so it knows where they are. This is why it is VERY important to do all your work to folders within lightroom, so it "remembers" where they are

LR isn't really that daunting once you get in to it. I like it a lot

Comment

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/at...ge-jpeg.76132/ sorry guys but I've had to copy this link from another site to get the image up the right way, damned iPad, ggrrrr

Sean.
                Last edited by SheffSean; 24-10-2016, 19:53.

Comment

These are images in a folder that LR is putting in your catalogue. I am not at my computer just now, but will have a look soon to see how to find watched and then "unwatch" folders.

Comment

Under FILE on the menu bar, go to

FILE>AUTO IMPORT>AUTO IMPORT SETTINGS

From there you should get a list of watched folders you can check out and can delete or disable as required.

This should work! I have never actually used this feature because I just import directly from camera or card, and don't have any watched folders. Some people rather import to a folder and have LR watch that folder. Each to their own.

Hope this helps!

Garry

Comment

Sorry mate, I've hit a brick wall, I did as you said but theres no reference to deleting the catalogue as a block, I've deleted some but its all one by one and as I said before theres tonnes of them, it'll take me forever to get rid of them one by one, any other ideas please.

Sean.

Comment

You will find a file called lightroom in your picture folder on your pc, open it and delete the contents, usually 2 files... Close and open lightroom, it will ask you if you want to open with default catalogue, click yes and they will be gone

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok mate, I'll a butchers after I've had my lunch, much appreciated.

Sean.

Comment

First thing I do is get the days files imported ,then run through each photo and grade them anything that doesn't warrant a grade number then gets deleted .the easiest way is highlight via the command key then press the delete bar you will then be asked if you wish to permanently delete them ,click yes . The files will be moved to the trash bin .delete from there when your certain you haven't cocked up

Comment

At last I've managed to suss it out, I've been processing images like someone possessed, I've learned something else too, just how bad my images were, in the last few weeks i seem to have turned a corner with regards to picture clarity and composition too.

Sean.

Comment

Working...
                              X