Wellington Tiny Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wellington Tiny Planet

I shot this the other night as a 360 with my 6d. I decided to try it as a tiny planet and tagged the locations to create a map. Something a little different

Wellington Tiny Planet.jpg

Re: Wellington Tiny Planet

Wow. That's really effective.

Emyr

Comment

Really clever, I like it

You will, of course, now have to describe how you did it

Cheers,
      John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
        Really clever, I like it

You will, of course, now have to describe how you did it

Cheers,
        John
        Plus one from me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the comments. I am pretty much self taught, when it comes to photography and photoshop, so my way of doing this tiny planet is a bit different to how the tutorials on youtube etc show you. In fact, I think my way allows for more creativity and variation.

I make a 360 by 180 panorama using my 6d and a Samyang 14mm. I tend to shoot 3 layers in portrait. I find stitching works a lot better that way. I usually end up with around 30-40 shots. I then do some editing it Lightroom and keep the same setting for every picture. I then out put the set as Tiff files and stitch the set in Hugin, then output another Tiff.

With this tiff, I do more adjustments in Lightroom, before outputting a Jpeg and start editing in Photoshop. In photoshop, I resize the Jpeg to 8000 x 4000 pixels. I then copy the Jpeg to the template in the link. I have actually made my own template at 8000 4000 with my logo now. Now, this is the bit that makes the difference with 360 virtual reality pictures. A lot of ones you see have join lines and mismatches. What I do is copy the Jpeg and line up both picture next to each other in the template. Then I clean up any lines or any uneven colours, lines etc between the two Jpegs and output the complete pano as described in the link. Another important thing is making sure that the horizon is level to the centre of the template, or when you make a 360 vr, your horizon with be curving up or down.

How I make the planet.

I haven't found anyone who does this the same as me. Everyone else uses the distort > Polar Coordinates feature. I get my panorama and go to 3d and create a spherical panorama. I then change the canvas size so it is square (change the lowest number to the same as the longest edge), I then set the camera FOV setting to around 12mm, look down, then dolly the camera out. You can then adjust the camera angle and distort how you wish to see the planet. Then just save as PNG or whatever you want. Pretty much the same way I made this vid, but using the timeline.

Facebook recently rolled out the ability for anyone to upload a 360 panorama or photosphere, but the photos require a special meta tag to work.

Comment

Another great image Bruiser - you certainly put a lot of thought and effort into your shots!

Comment

Great work, well done.
              Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

So as you are from N Zealand you missed a trick and failed to put middle earth in the centre
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                X