DPP 3 or 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPP 3 or 4

Reading page 60 of the Oct/Dec 2016 EOS magazine there is an article on compatibilty for the two versions of DPP (3 & 4).

It indicates that I should be using DPP3 for RAW images from my EOS650D inferring that DPP4 is for later EOS models.

When I go to the Canon Support website the 'system requirements' for both versions of DPP4 (4.5.0 August 2016 & 4.5.10 October 2016) and for DPP3 (3.15.0 September 2015) all show the EOS650D in the system requirements data. In fact there are a number of EOS models shown in all three data lists.

I am using Windows 10 64 bit (also Lightroom & Photoshop CC).

In a nutshell which of the three versions should I be using? To say I am totally confused would be an understatement!
    sceneitsnappedit

Re: DPP 3 or 4

I'd stick to DPP3 as i don't like DPP4 it doesn't flow as easy as the older version (for me anyway! and i do all my editing/ processing and folder housekeeping using Canons software with ease) just use PS /LR for the more tricky stuff.

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Sorry - the EOS 650D should have been included in the DPP 4 compatibility list on page 60 of the EOS magazine October-December 2016 issue.

We took this information from a more detailed chart we published on page 60 of the January-March 2016 issue.

Several cameras are compatible with both DPP 3 and DPP 4. Which version you use is down to personal choice.
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Thank you for the helpful replies.
        sceneitsnappedit

Comment

I have both DPP 3 & 4, last night I had another try using DPP 4 and was happy with how it worked.

Comment

Working...
          X