Trees and leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trees and leaves

It may seem odd to post trees and leaves in this section, until you see the processing...

Autumn Leaves by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

When you go down to the woods tonight by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

When you go down to the woods tonight by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

The last is similar to, but by no means the same as, the one posted today as my substitution for the Trees monthly challenge.

When the light is flat, and the colours are drab, you have to do something to brighten the day! Hope you enjoy, although I know that in most respects they are like marmite (the respect that they are not like marmite is that the price hasn't just gone up... )

Thanks for looking!

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: Trees and leaves

Very abstract images, but I do like the vibrant colors Richard

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
      Very abstract images, but I do like the vibrant colors Richard

Tom
      Thanks Tom. The good old slow shutter speed and raising the camera trick! It is fairly rare for me to get any that are vertical when I do that. There always seems to be a stronger side!

Comment

Excellent work Richard especially the last one - almost looks like a watercolour.

Bill.
        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Well you've done far better than me when I tried this. Last for me as still retains a bit of detail.
          Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Yes, excellent. I recently won a Wilkinson Cameras challenge on Twitter with ICM trees - not quite as good as these though but it caused an out-cry from several people who just didn't get the technique....either that or they looked like really bad photos!
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bill53 View Post
              Excellent work Richard especially the last one - almost looks like a watercolour.
              Thanks Bill - I must say I enjoyed doing these!

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
              Well you've done far better than me when I tried this. Last for me as still retains a bit of detail.
              My favourite isn't on this thread!!! On another I took a stationery view of the ground and merged it with the third above - I think it is better.

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
              Yes, excellent. I recently won a Wilkinson Cameras challenge on Twitter with ICM trees - not quite as good as these though but it caused an out-cry from several people who just didn't get the technique....either that or they looked like really bad photos!
              I think a lot of people think they are just bad photos... In fact I have a lot of unprocessed ones to prove the point!!! But I like this technique, with a bit of work in PS to build the light.

I am not a fan of the #NoFilter brigade!!! Anyway guys, thanks for looking and commenting!

Richard

Comment

Working...
              X