Battery Grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Grips

On page 80 of the latest issue there is an item about battery grips. The one point that has been neglected is the considerable improvement in handling that a battery grip affords when shooting in portrait mode. Without a grip you have to use the awkward overhand method whereas with one you just hold the camera vertically by the grip and as all the main controls are replicated on the grip you can shoot with ease. I have used battery grips on all my cameras from my 40D onward and wouldn't be without them.
    Last edited by SpringfieldPhoto; 03-11-2016, 13:50.
    Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Re: Battery Grips

Have to agree , only recently bothered with a battery grip , and wish I had a lot sooner .

Comment

Agree with benefits, only thing which frustrates me is that a body change often forces a grip change as well. Understandable perhaps when the bodies are significantly different but not when moving from 5DIII to 5DIV ... probably no incentive for Canon to move towards a more consolidated grip range because it's a very nice £200+ upsell of course ...

Comment

Yep... Had this when I changed from 7d to the mk2... But they are great for portraits

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

I got mine free as part of the 6D promotion in 2013 but hardly ever use it!
          Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Find it also makes camera much easier to hold albeit slightly heavier

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X