DPP4 deletes the whole flippin' folder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPP4 deletes the whole flippin' folder!

I can't believe this is happening only to me! - but I can't find any threads about it.

I download my photos into daily folders. DPP3 doesn't process the raw files from the EOS-M3, so I'm using DPP4 (on OSX/Yosemite) for the M3 photos, and DPP3 for the other cameras.

OK, so I (a) mark a proportion of pics from a day's shooting to Reject, (b) Select them (with Cmd-Ctrl-X on the Mac), and (c) delete them with Cmd-⌫ (or Move To Trash from the menu, which indicates the same shortcut).

What happens next is unpredictable!

If there's just a few Rejects, off they go to the trash. All good!

If there are many Rejects, however, a whole different ballgame: my display jumps to a different screen/space, and (if I'm lucky) back again, when DPP has got lost behind any Finder windows, etc. Much more alarmingly, I find that the *whole folder* has disappeared into the trash!

I hoped the latest version, 4.5.10.0, might be better, but if anything it's MORE likely to bin the folder! Infuriating: before emptying the trash, I have to be sure to check there are no precious folders of photos languishing in there, begging to tbe rescued!

Could this be because the folder itself is Selected in the sidebar (as it has to be to open) - and the prog is deleting the selected FOLDER, not the selected photos? Or am I missing summat??

Any advice gratefully received!

Re: DPP4 deletes the whole flippin' folder!

Nasty! I can't help with your issue as I (and many others here) use Lightroom but welcome to the forum Jeremy

Cheers,
    John

Comment

When you say, "If there are many rejects...". what sort of number are you talking about?
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
        When you say, "If there are many rejects...". what sort of number are you talking about?
        Say I might have about 40+ photos in a day-folder (so 80 raw plus jpeg), and want to trash perhaps 10 of them. I'd be marking both the raw and the jpeg of each photo.

But it seems a variable event, and I haven't yet managed to work out some sort of 'tipping-point' in either percentage terms or an absolute number being binned.

Thanks,

JR

Comment

Working...
        X