SHOWCASE 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHOWCASE 2016

Hope you are all remembering to think about saving some pictures for the end of year showcase again.

I know Ive not been around much this year. Unfortunately had a lack of photography time myself due to work, health (nothing serious), family health and other reasons - but I have kept looking in every now and again and will be happy to run the competition for everyone for this year again if you want me to - unless someone else has already said they are taking it over of course.

The rules / entry requirements / categories are likely to be the same, but will start those discussions again early December.

As for me...I'm now unemployed looking for a job as was made redundant at end of last September so now busy looking for a job too and would rather secure employment than find time to get out and about (paid until Christmas so no urgency yet but hate not working).
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Re: SHOWCASE 2016

Good luck with your job hunting Andy. I for one would welcome you running the showcase again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Well, nice to hear from you again. Was once made redundant myself and whilst a set back at the time I did find a job I enjoyed more. Hope the hunting goes well and you find something in the near future.

Might even submit for the showcase this year too.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Can any member join in on this ?

Comment

I've had 3 jobs in my 30 year career in financial services, and its the 3rd time now I've been made redundant - but please note - without going into detail, I'm glad I've gone from there. I just don't like not working though so eager to get back into it all asap.

Dave - have a look at Showcase 2015 for last years rules and if you fit that criteria then yes likely to be able to enter.
          Andy
          Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
          EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II

Comment

Good luck with the job hunting Andy.
            I was pleased to be made redundant 11 years ago because I wanted to set up on my own....haven't looked back.
            Thanks for volunteering for the showcase.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Good luck Andy. Been there, done that... Not a lot of fun...

Looking forward to the showcase!
              Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Good luck Andy in your job hunt. Have you tried being self employed and offering your expertise and services on a contract basis? I took early retirement in the 1990's and went self employed with my own limited company (Accountancy & Audit) and had the best period in my life, with more money to hand than when I was employed, until ill health forced me to pack up. You are then in control of your life. I also only worked from Spring to Autumn every year from 1993 to 2009 when I fell ill.
                Last edited by Nathaniel; 01-11-2016, 09:56.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
                  Well, nice to hear from you again. Was once made redundant myself and whilst a set back at the time I did find a job I enjoyed more.
                  Also my story! All the best with the job hunting, and I might try an entry or two as well!
                  Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                  Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Good to hear from you Andy and good luck with the job hunting!
                    - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                      Good luck Andy in your job hunt. Have you tried being self employed and offering your expertise and services on a contract basis? I took early retirement in the 1990's and went self employed with my own limited company (Accountancy & Audit) and had the best period in my life, with more money to hand than when I was employed, until ill health forced me to pack up. You are then in control of your life. I also only worked from Spring to Autumn every year from 1993 to 2009 when I fell ill.
                      Thanks Nat

Yes, I'm all set up for either at the moment ready to take any opportunities out there.

LinkedIn all screaming of my achievements, qualifications and experience etc :)

Couple more applications in today so just playing the waiting game.

I was successful for a London contract job until it got referred to HR and they corrected the Head of Audit about his budget and then tried to reduce the rate by over a 1/3rd

But nevermind, I'm of the view that wasn't meant to be so onwards to the next opportunity.
                      Andy
                      Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

I was made redundant once when the company went under, strange situation, I had actually sorted a replacement job over the phone but had to put off starting until Monday as the receiver was having a meeting on a Friday to tell the staff what would be happening and what we would be getting etc.. bearing in mind the company only folded on the Wednesday.
                        I went into the meeting to be met with glum faces all round and when asked what I would do, I told them I had a new job and soon they would too, so do not get despondent. Prediction proved correct, so keep your chin up and it will all work out. Indeed, I managed to get a job for one of those as well.

It was a surreal moment when it went, we went into work at 7 PM to get our personal tools out of the building and found members of the staff that evening helping load spares etc onto lorries for the company owner to squirrel away. I pointed out, "You do realise you are removing assets from the company that is in receivership and it is tantamount to theft", to be met with "Yeah, the receivers won't get his hands on these, he he he he".... I then pointed out, "You do realise those assets are what will be sold by the receiver to pay your redundancy and anything owed to you."
                        It took a few moments for the facts to sink in before they started offloading stuff again, much to the chagrin of those sent to get them.
                        Last edited by TonyT; 28-11-2016, 11:54.
                        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Excellent TonyT.

Ive still had no luck yet but still got a few irons in fires or whatever the saying is..
                          Andy
                          Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

hope you find work soon Andy - good luck
                            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Sorry to hear you got laid off Andy. Happened to me in 2010 after 31 years of service. So I decided to change carriers and now doing something totally different and more rewarding, best wishes on your search.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X