Subscribed member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Subscribed member

I think you need to ask for it, see post #6. I'm a subscriber hard copy and digital but haven't yet asked for it.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny48 View Post
      I think you need to ask for it, see post #6. I'm a subscriber hard copy and digital but haven't yet asked for it.

John
      Unable to access link in post #6 ...

Enigma, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You are trying to post a reply to a classified advert. This is not allowed. You must respond by private message (PM). You can send a private message to any member of the forum by clicking their user name in the top left corner of the message and selecting 'Private Message'.
      Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
      If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I blame the asterisk ...

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
        My guess is that if you are a digital subscriber you don't get that star :sad:
        Incorrect. If you are a subscriber to the print or digital editions of EOS magazine and have applied for access to the forum classified adverts, you should see a star after 'member'. If not, please email subscriptions@eos-magazine.com with details. Note that you need to have a subscription to the digital edition – buying one or two digital issues does not count.

There seem to be a few misconceptions about the 'member*' status, so let me provide some background.

Some years ago we ran a classifieds site separate from the forum. Any one could buy and sell. There were a number of incidents where money was sent, but no goods arrived.

We decided to tighten up the system and move the classifieds to the forum. We limit access to EOS magazine subscribers on the basis that we have verified addresses. When someone requests access to the classified adverts we add a star so that other members know that they are dealing with a subscriber. The star does not imply any change in status - everyone registered for the forum is a 'member'.

You could interpret the star as meaning, "we know where you live so make sure all your transactions are legal and honest".

Since moving the classified adverts to the forum, there have been no reported incidents of malfeasance.

To repeat my earlier post, if you want to register for access to EOS magazine classified adverts go to:
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I shall now have to get round to taking photos and listing my 7D and Sigma lenses
          Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Working...
          X