Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Insurance

We have all ours covered with the home insurance, every item listed and covered at home PLUS we have 'mugging cover' for when we are out - capped at 15k per claim so body and lens covered. not knowing what 'they' have it's safer to just hand the kit over than get stabbed - although if I had the 200-400 on I would probably 'accidently' drop it on them several times before calling the police ;-)

If you go this route make sure you get the agreement on paper / email and ask for a copy in the post.

.DAVID.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

thanks for your insight David - I will look into that
      cheers
      Dave

Comment

I am insured with them, new for old is for new purchase items only, be careful when you renew, I added a 500mm lens and they added a significant price hike, (like hundreds), I then did a new quote on their website and it was less than I pay now, after contacting them it was dropped down to the new price, I pay about 400 for 21K of cover ....gulp, indoors, outdoors, in car (boot), accidental damage etc.
        Totally agree with David, though I would point out to the scroats, the serails are all recorded and the camera is worth squat without the charger and that'll cost them about £500, though the thought of trying to swing a 500mm in their direction, I could make the cover of the Scots Porage Oats cereal box.
        Last edited by TonyT; 23-01-2017, 10:18.
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
        X