GP-E2 Receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GP-E2 Receiver

I have received the following query from an EOS magazine subscriber. Can anyone help?

----------

I have recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 and an EOS80D. I was surprised that there was no Solutions disc included with the camera and that I have to dowload the Digital Solutions disc. Anyway I downloaded the disc from the Canon website and tried to install it on my laptop, all went well until it tried to install Image Browser which it failed to do. I was a bit concerned about this as I have a GP-E2 and needed it to install it to use the Map Utility. I contacted Canon support and they informed me that Image Browser is not compatible with Windows 10, they also informed me that they are aware of this and are working on it.

Anyone buying the GP-E2 GPS tracker should be aware of this before spending over £200 on one only to find that they can't install the software if they have a Windows 10 PC. I wonder if there is any other software available that can be used instead of Image Browser.

----------
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Re: GP-E2 Receiver

I Have the GP-E2 Receiver in windows 10 the software I have installed is DPP 4.5 Eos utility and Map Utility 1.7.2.6. And I get the receiver to work with windows 10 64 bit. I have to import the photos onto the PC from the Camera 5Dmk3 and then open map utility and import the photos I have geotagged into the map utility and then import the gps log file.
    Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

He could also download the windows 8.1 version of ImageBrowser EX and run it in windows compatability mode
      Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I have had the same problem with the Mac OS, I cannot get Image Browser to load correctly, and frankly have given up.
        Another example of OS suppliers and software suppliers not working together in helping their customers.
        Quentin

Comment

After the latest update to Image Browser my Windows 10 laptop slowed to a crawl. It was repeatedly calling something which seemed to be trying to launch Silverlight. I reinstalled Silverlight but that had no effect. Unistalling Image Browser has returned my laptop to normal - except of couse I can't access the Map Utility. I've not yet tried to re-install the previous version. That's probably the next thing I'll try. Interestingly my desktop windows 10 box has (as far as I know) the latest version of Image Browser and still works properly.
          Last edited by andrewpe; 29-11-2016, 12:42.

Comment

I wonder if having it fitted when installing the software would help Robert, see
            Expert news, reviews and videos of the latest digital cameras, lenses, accessories, and phones. Get answers to your questions in our photography forums.

Expert news, reviews and videos of the latest digital cameras, lenses, accessories, and phones. Get answers to your questions in our photography forums.
            Last edited by TonyT; 29-11-2016, 18:44.
            Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
            X