Clear All

Re: Challenge 124 Bicycle

Bicycle bokeh

Bicycle bokeh by Richard Anderson, on Flickr

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Thanks to all who entered......Ill now review all eight entries and announce the winner shortly.....can you take the excitement after the final of Strictly, Sports Personality of the Year and The Apprentice all within a few days!
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

RESULTS:- Every image has its merits here….as one would expect from the EOS Forum members, so its been difficult to choose the top three.
        Photos often invoke emotions and David’s rest in Piece saddened me to see the state of this unfortunate machine; Dave’s Pretty in pink portrays the relationship that this couple share; Alex’s flashing lights is quite original – I’ve not seen that done with bikes before, and Bo’s Boris Bikes is a classic with a colour pop twist, Tigger’s Ride Home is a super environmental shot and the only one including a rider (though Alex’s must have had one too). Daisy M’s study of rusted bikes has colour coordination with the wall and autumnal foreground – and has nice image balance. Gordon’s Forever our Butterfly has real gravitas and is topical for our time…. last but not least the dreamy Bicycle Bokeh by Richard has wonderful colours and the only one to have chosen to isolate in abstract.
        After much deliberation of all entries First Place goes to Daisy M for Ready to be Scrapped….nice colours and balance wins the day; Second Place goes to Richard’s excellent Bicycle Bokeh and Third Place goes to Tigger’s Ride Home. Thanks for entering everyone and I hope you enjoyed the challenge!
        Over to you Daisy M for the next challenge….
        Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Well done to the winners, and well done David on your first win. Thanks Brian for the good challenge and words.

Comment

Brian, thank you for my early Christmas gift, did not think I stood a chance with such great photos from the others. Shall get my thinking cap on for next month, let everyone enjoy Christmas first. Dave

Comment

Thanks Brian for setting and judging an interesting subject, with some varied interpretations from members!

Congratulations to Daisy/Dave on your first win- a good feeling for sure!- and to Richard & Ian for strong support on the podium.
              Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

well done Dave cracking shot
                :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Well done Dave. Love your shot too Ian!
                  Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Congratulations to all who entered.
                    Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
                    John - a point of etiquette (and challenge rules) - no commenting until the challenge is over.
                    Once again, apologies for my earlier commenting, especially to Brian and Ian and thanks for bringing it to my attention John.

John

Comment

Thanks all, thought of a good one for January, but will leave it until after Christmas, hope you all have a good one. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny48 View Post
                        Congratulations to all who entered.

Once again, apologies for my earlier commenting, especially to Brian and Ian and thanks for bringing it to my attention John.

John
                        No problem at all John.
                        Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                          Thanks all, thought of a good one for January, but will leave it until after Christmas, hope you all have a good one. Dave

Cheers Dave...looking forward to that....hoping you have a good one too.
                          Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Brian, that was a really fun challenge. Sometimes you see something that fits the challenge, but I really love it when you get an image in your head and have to work out how to produce it (for better or for worse), and this was one of those weeks so thanks for that. And well done to Daisy M for your first win. Looking forward to resuming the challenges in the new year. Have a good one everyone.
                            Canon EOS 7D
                            EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                            Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                            flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny48 View Post
                              Once again, apologies for my earlier commenting, especially to Brian and Ian and thanks for bringing it to my attention John.John
                              John - a handsome apology - matter well and truly closed
                              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Congratulations to the Winner!

Comment

Working...
                                X