Problem Downloading from EOS7D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Downloading from EOS7D

Help please! I have created a major problem for myself.
    The manual says not to connect the camera to the computer when the camera is switched on. For the first time in two years I did just that. Now when I try to download from the camera using Corel Paintshop Pro I get a 'Busy' (in red) signal and nothing will download.
    Harewood
    Harewood: EOS7D(1) with Canon 70-300IS(L); Canon 18-55IS; Canon EF100-400 (L) IS II

Re: Problem Downloading from EOS7D

Not going to be much help I'm afraid, as I always take the card out of the camera and download with a card reader. Have you tried taking the battery out of the camera for 5 minutes then replacing it? Or you could do what I do and use a card reader.

John

Comment

First point is that it is unlikely you have done any permanent damage. What is much more likely is that something has become "confused" over its state.

As John suggests, pull your camera battery to completely clear it. Also fully shutdown and then restart your computer. Then try connecting and downloading.

Comment

Thanks. Have tried the shut down and restart to no avail. Will try the battery removal suggestion.
        Harewood
        Harewood: EOS7D(1) with Canon 70-300IS(L); Canon 18-55IS; Canon EF100-400 (L) IS II

Comment

Working...
        X