Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which mode to use when using a Canon Speedlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which mode to use when using a Canon Speedlight?

HI Colin, C-F and Nathaniel,

Thanks for the advice and contributions I was seriously tempted to use Colin's suggestions but didn't think I would get away with that from the 'Higher Authority'. As it happens it went well I was even heckled by my 20month old granddaughter who seemed to start a trend as about 3 other folks started filling in the gaps that I had purposely left open just to see if people would jump in and complete the sentence / statement etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
      ...I was even heckled by my 20month old granddaughter who seemed to start a trend as about 3 other folks started filling in the gaps...
      Only 3! You got away light ...

Sounds like you enjoyed the day; now you can relax - she's her husband's problem now
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

OMG .......I'm dying to see those low ambient light F8,ISO 100, 1/200 pics, with genuine exif intact. :tongue:
        Millie

Comment

Millie, at this point in time I can not get to see what the exif data was on the images as I am in the US on a business trip and to be honest do not know if Vikki, youngest daughter, made any changes to what was set, she may well have done all I can say is that we did get some good images. when I get back I will see just how far different they are but as I 'feature prominently' in them I will not be posting any, I do not want to damage your monitors after all.

Comment

as I 'feature prominently' in them I will not be posting any, I do not want to damage your monitors after all.
            Hmmm, I seem to recall a post of your "Bottom", so there shouldn't be too many shocks to the system!

Colin
            Colin

Comment

Lol

Comment

OK now I am back home I have had a chance to look and see exactly what setting Vikki used when she took the pictures of the signing of the register, from what I can make out she had flicked the camera to fully auto and the EXIF is F5, 1/25th exposure and ISO 400, the attached is a sample only

Comment

Working...
                X