MPB advertEOS magazine advert
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 5Dmk IV GPS

Member*

Default Re: 5Dmk IV GPS

My 1DX unit takes seconds to initialise
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Member*

The other thing has Adobe updated to recognise the MK 1v
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

The problem Ian is having is that the camera itself won't acquire a GPS lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    cheers, its going back when I get home got the all from Canon to replace
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    this is a new feature for me - I've turned the camera onto GPS and assumed when importing images into lightroom and clicking the map it would just assign locations on the map to the images but it doesn't seem to be working

has anyone with a MKIV set this up with LR ? I'm on LR CC
    I've been away from the forum for a while and only just picked up on this. It prompted me to check with a few images taken outside the house and I too found that all I got from Lightroom was a blank, white, unresponsive screen. As well as today's shots I also tried some from a couple of years ago from a 6D. The Adobe / LR sources suggested disabling the video card - which made no difference; making sure that the graphics processor option was un-ticked - which it was and, finally, re-installing LR which seemed too much of a pain. I did find that I had missed the option to download a track log to the card - which I duly did. However, although all the indications from the camera were that this had been done (time to load and progress bar on subsequent delete), it did not show in Explorer (WIndows 10)so there was noway to transfer it to LR!

However, I did find that after re-starting LR I the map showed both today's and the older images. Not really very helpful I'm afraid, but (eggs & grandma again!) I suggest that you check that the metadata on your images does show the co-ordinates. If they don't appear, then you will need to check through that forest of menu options to ensure that everything is covered.

I appreciate that this is not very constructive - but it may be that having the Track logger option set "on" is a factor even if you can't see the result, and that making a few changes in LR and then restarting might clear whatever is blocking the images.

Good luck!!

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    You can check this by making sure that the GPS Information Display option is "on" then checking the image, hitting the "Info" button and scrolling down.

Martin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345