X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trees

IMG_0125 (2) by David Miller, on Flickr
    IMG_0120 (2) by David Miller, on Flickr

A misty dark day in Cairngorm National Park, so I concentrated on trees.

Re: Trees

The 1st one you lost part of the left side. The 2nd, IMO would work better as a Landscape shot instead of the portrait style.

Tom

Comment

First I can agree with you there, it was up against another tree, which wasn't as good. Second one was just moorland each side & a bit dull. But thanks, will keep trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
        .... Second one was just moorland each side & a bit dull. But thanks, will keep trying.
        But as a landscape image, it gives it that sense of isolation and loneliness.

Tom

Comment

Agree with Tom, the first image also has quite a bit of noise and some marks that could do with removing.
          Patrick

Find me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136664727@N04/

Comment

Trees are very hard to photograph and look pleasing on their own , I would keep trying . If you took some off the top in the second image , I feel it would look better , as it is I find my eye keep roaming up to the top of the image to look at the very nice scenery behind it .

Comment

keep trying , I love trees.

Comment

I like both...and love trees.

I noticed you set f32 and ISO1600 for No1...f8 and ISO400 or even f5.6 and ISO200 would guarantee enough depth of field here and might have rendered a cleaner background.....just intending to be helpful...hope you don't mind.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
                X