Festive water lensing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Festive water lensing

The result of a couple of hours in the garage with the MP-E65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro

Flickr
    Web Page
    Instagram
    Facebook

Re: Festive water lensing

If any one has any tips on creating consistent and even water droplets, I'd be very interested to hear your technique
    Flickr
    Web Page
    Instagram
    Facebook

Comment

Will not name names but there is at least one member on here who posted some stunning splash shots a few years back ...

With regard to your image the immediate question is what technique did you use to produce such an interesting result?
      Last edited by Enigma; 21-12-2016, 07:13.

Comment

With regard to your image the immediate question is what technique did you use to produce such an interesting result?
        Looks like oil or soap bubbles on water with coloured paper beneath refracted in the bubbles?

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Thanks guys.

See the attached for my set up. It is essentially just an old 72mm filter sitting on a tube of white paper with M&M s underneath. I then used a trigger spray to mist water onto the filter. Initially I started with a 50/50 water glycerin mixed, but I found that for some reason micro bubbles (of air) were getting trapped in the water droplets. Plain water seems to work fine, other that droplet size consistency. I then had the camera hung over the top of all this, on my tripod, and used a focusing rail to achieve focus.

By varying the height of the paper ring on which the filter sits you can then adjust the magnitude of the lensing effect created by the water droplets

3P3A5555.jpg
          Flickr
          Web Page
          Instagram
          Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X