Good news for me at Christmas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news for me at Christmas!

I have mentioned in these columns about a surgical procedure I had to undergo early next year. However, my recent visit to see another Highly spoken of Consultant Urologist had complely negated the need for any surgical procedure as I was quite well without any problems. I have of course been put on a small dose of another drug which would alleviate all the symptoms of raised PSA/enlarged prostrates. I have already submitted a formal complaint about my previous Urologist whilst trying to do a biopsy when I was quite saturated with blood thinners- this could have prevented blood from clotting or at best taken a long time to clot, which could have caused me untold harm healthwise. The quality of NHS doctors especially from certain parts of the world is a health risk to many patients here.

If any member cared to know more details send me a PM with you e-mail address.

My present problem is to get out of my state of being low in the dumps with all the wrong medical prognosis and pull myself up for Christmas and the new year.

Best wishes to all

Nat
    Last edited by Nathaniel; 23-12-2016, 14:02.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Good news for me at Christmas!

Happy to hear that you got some good news Nat. Truly a blessing.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom. Much appreciated.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
        My present problem is to get out of my state of being low in the dumps with all the wrong medical prognosis and pull myself up for Christmas and the new year.
        Definitely not trying to minimise any of the issues you have experienced, but try to focus on the new prognosis and the future Nat! Look forward to the return of longer daylight and the coming of Spring along with all the associated photographic opportunities!

Very best wishes over the festive period and for 2017. As we would say, "Lang may yer lum reek!"

Comment

Thanks Enigma. Doing my best to look up! whilst being very very angry at the same time.

Comment

Nat, you know the way forward - forgive & move on. We have all watched and encouraged your development as a photographer, and although you have never met most of us we think of you as a friend. Channel your anger into an epic photograph, and have a great Christmas knowing that you no longer need to go under the knife!
            Russell
            Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Sorry to hear you had some issues with the quacks Nat but glad you're over it now and can look forward to the new year.

A few years back I was diagnosed with hypertension and put on a cocktail of drugs to manage it, including a diuretic. Unfortunately the one I was prescribed is not recommended for people that suffer with eczema as it can cause photosensitive eczema to "kick off". Three months later I was under the care of a dermatologist at our local hospital and was taken off the drug immediately. According to the dermatologist and other people I spoke to, the side-effect is a well known one so really should have been picked up and I could have avoided all that suffering.

I really should have got that in writing and reported him but was pleased just to get off the drug and onto one I could tolerate.
              EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Thanks Russell and Andy. I think I must thank my son(a consultant) for saving me from a terrible misadventure. What is the use of living with a poor quality of life caused by negligence?

Comment

That's super news nat pick yourself up now and get out ,it shows how much the scare factor is built into what the quacks think we might have as well .
                  And while we are on the subject I have just a few minutes ago returned from having a kidney and bladder scan myself ,after developing internal pains after our sept holiday ,the lady was lovely to and showed me everything on screen and I have come away with a clean bill of health with no stones or lumps at all ,and like you I can now go into Christmas without the sword of Damocles hanging over my head . Might even head down to st.asaph xmas day once the pressies are delivered there's still the dark throated thrush to locate

Comment

Thanks Jeff.I am going away later tonight to my son's place and will be back probably on Boxing day. The black throated thrush has evaded all photographers carrying the biggest lenses I have seen & I personally think it has found new pastures.

Comment

Glad to hear you're getting better treatment now and the prognosis is more positive Nat. For many years my job included the control of "blood thinners", so I am well aware of the dangers of over prescription of them.

I have had my own experience with over prescription which caused harm, in my case with Metformin for diabetes, so I can sympathise with what you have been through. In my case there was no point in complaining, as the doctor was just following new guidelines, guidelines which proved dodgy for me.

Hope you can see the positive in this, at least you no longer need an operation, and can enjoy the future, All the best for Christmas and the New Year.
                      John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

Thanks John. My problem is far more serious as the Consultant was NOT following the guide lines. Send me you e-mail address via PM and I will let you have the full details. I have some other members too the details.

Comment

Nat - I am glad that the eventual outcome is positive for you - although your anger is justified, don't let it rule your life - our time here is too short to spend it all in bitter recrimination - remember, Nil Illigitimus Carborundum, and the glass is actually half full!
                          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Hi Nat, glad that it is now getting sorted out. I hope you have a lovely Christmas and New Year, plus I look forward to seeing more of your photos

Comment

Thanks John and Dave.

Comment

Working...
                              X