Good news for me at Christmas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good news for me at Christmas!

Thanks Dave. Much encouraged to read your story. In my case the urologist was about to carry out a (needless) biopsy whilst having an overdose of blood thinners in my system. This could have caused delays in the blood clotting which in turn could have had other ill effects on me. In the end I would have been another statistic of medical misadventure, a small financial compensation etc etc. In my case there was no indication of any prostate cancer at all.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
      In my case there was no indication of any prostate cancer at all.
      That's excellent news Nat, and long may it stay that way.

There is a lot of variation across the country, when it come to the standard of care provided by local health authorities, and the NHS.

I have nothing but admiration and praise for my local Hospital (Ipswich), and the care I received throughout both Cancer episodes.

BTW, it might come as some welcome news for you, but those of Asian decent, rarely get Prostate Cancer, while Afro Caribbeans have a 60% higher risk than white people.

Dave
      Last edited by Dave_S; 03-01-2017, 22:57. Reason: Typo
      Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave. I must agree with you there re Asians etc. I must of course say that I have received excellent care in other departments of my local NHS hospital. It is the Urology dept that has caused all this trouble.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
        X