Pan function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pan function

Good evening guys and girls, I have just purchased a canon EOS 700D camera which will be used for fishing / outdoors.

Just a quick question, does anyone know what I need in order to record a pan video of a scenery and if it runs on batteries etc

I already have a tripod.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Re: Pan function

There are different set ups, basic thing you might get away with is a simply panoramic base., And rotate it manually, just remember the important thing is to get it level.

I have one of these on my tripod, though for film maybe one with an arm to control it would be better.

I think you an get electric powered ones, but make sure thy can handle the weight.

The fun and games come into it when you do stills, for that you need to rotate ideally around the nodal point, which is a point in the lens where the image crosses over itself, this is to stop distortion.

This may help and welcome to the forums Mick

I am trying at doing some still ones myself, look in the landscape forum btw, we have a chap in there who is very good

Btw I would use a Rod for the fishing ;)
    Last edited by TonyT; 04-01-2017, 21:23.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks Tony, all makes sense.

I have ordered this tripod

Manfrotto 190X Aluminium 3 Section Tripod with XPRO Fluid Head https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NB5ZU..._GEMByb27TWGT9

I'm not sure if I can pan with this or if I will to buy an adaptor.

Mike

Comment

Yes you will be able to pan with it, that is what it is designed for, and a fluid head is smoother, you will just need to practice keeping a constant speed as you pan. See

Discover the best camera and video camera tripods, monopods and photography accessories from Manfrotto UK. Fast delivery, order today!
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
        X