Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings From California

Hello All,

New member and avid bird & wildlife photographer from California. I especially enjoy capturing portrait style images with my Canon superzoom cameras. Herons, cormorants, egrets and sea lions are among my very favorite subjects.

I look forward to sharing my photos and trading comments with you!

Tony

My wife & I make the perfect point-and-shoot photography team. She points and I shoot!
    https://tonybritton.smugmug.com/

Re: Greetings From California

Looking at the photos on your website, I for one am looking forward to seeing some of yours on here, welcome.

Comment

Welcome Tony, lots of wildlife togs here to share with!

Garry
      Garry Macdonald on Flickr
      Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
        Looking at the photos on your website, I for one am looking forward to seeing some of yours on here, welcome.
        Thanks for the welcome, Daisy. Since I use a Canon compact should I post my photos only in the category "Canon Compacts" or is it acceptable to post in any area I desire?

Thanks,

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
          Welcome Tony, lots of wildlife togs here to share with!

Garry
          Thanks for the welcome, Garry!

Tony

Comment

Since I use a Canon compact should I post my photos only in the category "Canon Compacts" or is it acceptable to post in any area I desire?
            I can't speak for others, but I've always felt that a photo should go into the subject area, be it portrait, landscape, wildlife, whatever. It seems to me to be more logical to leave the compact camera section for discussion of issues relating to the cameras and their use. After all, we don't post an image into the DSLR section just because it was taken with a DSLR. So long as it's Canon.
            EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
              I can't speak for others, but I've always felt that a photo should go into the subject area, be it portrait, landscape, wildlife, whatever. It seems to me to be more logical to leave the compact camera section for discussion of issues relating to the cameras and their use. After all, we don't post an image into the DSLR section just because it was taken with a DSLR. So long as it's Canon.
              Thanks, Richard. I've recently posted my first set of images in the specific "Canon Compacts" section and will now post images in the appropriate subject areas.

Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Welcome to the forum Tony, good to see the great bird shots of yours again Always loved your Black Foam Core Project
                Last edited by Dave61; 01-01-2017, 17:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post

Sorry, we have been here before. This is the EOS magazine forum, not the Canon compact camera forum. If anyone wishes to show images taken with their Canon compact camera the pictures should be posted in the compact camera section.
                  Robert
                  robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Britton View Post
                    Thanks, Richard. I've recently posted my first set of images in the specific "Canon Compacts" section and will now post images in the appropriate subject areas.

Best regards,

Tony

Please don't. Richard is entitled to his opinion, but he does not run the forum.
                    Robert
                    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                      Sorry, we have been here before. This is the EOS magazine forum, not the Canon compact camera forum. If anyone wishes to show images taken with their Canon compact camera the pictures should be posted in the compact camera section.
                      Thanks, Robert.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                        Please don't. Richard is entitled to his opinion, but he does not run the forum.
                        Got it. Thanks, Richard and Robert!

Tony

Comment

Hi Tony, and welcome aboard.

Dave
                          Dave

Comment

Hi Tony and welcome.

Bill.
                            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_S View Post
                              Hi Tony, and welcome aboard.

Dave
                              Thanks very much, Dave.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X