Lost photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lost photos

One small point. I note you saying that you were using a 64 GB card. I shoot with a 5D III and a 5D IV and I never use Large cards. I use 16 GB cards and always download after each shoot. I work on the old adage not to put all my eggs in one basket. SD and CF cards do fail and are sometimes irrecoverable. I had one that appeared to work fine in the camera yet when I tried to read it in my card reader would not read so I put it back into the camera and it now wouldn't read in the camera. I have the powerful software that you referred to and retrieved some of the images but the others were missing, this despite the fact I had reviewed the whole shoot with the model during the shoot. Solution I reshot and binned the card. For important shoots I now use Wi Fi to transfer images to a laptop during the shoot.
    Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Re: Lost photos

Originally posted by SpringfieldPhoto View Post
      I had one that appeared to work fine in the camera yet when I tried to read it in my card reader would not read so I put it back into the camera and it now wouldn't read in the camera. I have the powerful software that you referred to and retrieved some of the images but the others were missing, this despite the fact I had reviewed the whole shoot with the model during the shoot.
      This was exactly my experience. So many thanks for the tip. It's small SD cards and regular downloads from now on!

Comment

Working...
      X