Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Notice: str_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/string.php on line 3 The Coloseum at night - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Coloseum at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Coloseum at night

Well I spent a week in Rome with my wife, didn't take as many shots as I thought I would. Too busy enjoying the scenery, oh and the pizza, pasta, wine, you get the picture. Anyway, here's a shot of the coloseum, it's a two shot panorama. I think it works, but as always open to CC's.

John

Re: The Coloseum at night

Very nice,,,with detail still in the sky..........will be great when they finish building it,

Coda
    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Much better at night, the crowds have all gone home! Rome is very good for night shots, lots of fountains and buildings all floodlit. I try to bag my nightime shots when there is still just a hint of blue left in the sky.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by codachrome View Post
        Very nice,,,with detail still in the sky..........will be great when they finish building it,

Coda
        Thanks Coda, I was pleased that there was a bit of detail left in the sky. And your right will be great when finished lol

Originally posted by colin C View Post
        Much better at night, the crowds have all gone home! Rome is very good for night shots, lots of fountains and buildings all floodlit. I try to bag my nightime shots when there is still just a hint of blue left in the sky.

Colin
        Hi Colin, this shot was taken at 10pm, and there was still loads of people hanging around, some people just don't take the hint and go home so we photographers can get a decent shot lol.

John

Comment

I think it would have been sharper if you had increased the apperture to f11 or so as the sides are OOF.

Perhaps to compensate increasing the iso to 400 would have bee OK

Great composition
          ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
            I think it would have been sharper if you had increased the apperture to f11 or so as the sides are OOF.

Perhaps to compensate increasing the iso to 400 would have bee OK

Great composition

Thanks Brian, and yes your right about the f stop I took a few shots at different f stops, but because I took a crappy travel tripod some of the images were blurred. Can I go back next week and take more? lol

John

Comment

Originally posted by John27 View Post
              Thanks Brian, and yes your right about the f stop I took a few shots at different f stops, but because I took a crappy travel tripod some of the images were blurred. Can I go back next week and take more? lol

John
              I will come with you to help with the set up :)
              ef-r

Comment

I have to say the image works for me.

I try to bag my nightime shots when there is still just a hint of blue left in the sky.
                Good tip Colin, in my opinion, soon as the lights are switched on, its time for night photography, even if it isn't actually night, strictly speaking.

Being honest, on holiday in Rome with the missus, I'd be looking at some kind of compromise between photography and showing the wife a romantic time.
                The 6 sec exposure is going to blow out some floodlights, they look passable for web display, but in print I think they look terrible,just like a hole in the print.

Setting out earlier or a faster ISO speed ?
                Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
                  I have to say the image works for me.

Good tip Colin, in my opinion, soon as the lights are switched on, its time for night photography, even if it isn't actually night, strictly speaking.

Being honest, on holiday in Rome with the missus, I'd be looking at some kind of compromise between photography and showing the wife a romantic time.
                  The 6 sec exposure is going to blow out some floodlights, they look passable for web display, but in print I think they look terrible,just like a hole in the print.

Setting out earlier or a faster ISO speed ?
                  Trev
                  Cheers Trev, I tried getting to the colosseum earlier the night before, but you'd be surprised how many people just hang around. Not that I'm complaining, after all it is a sight to behold. I have a few different exposed images, but this one seemed to be the best. Thanks for all the replys.

John

Comment

A nice shot, just a pity you were not there a week later for the colosseum on fire

Comment

Hi John, nice shot! I like it.

I was in Rome last week, and attempted a shot of the Colosseum in daytime...somewhat oddly, we appear to have taken the shots from exactly the same place!

Cheers, Steve.
                      sk photos; stephen kerr; western front; somme from the air; iron harvest; my family in the Great War; Private W J Moore 11946 Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers; #skphotos;

Comment

Working...
                      X