Hello from Androssan...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Androssan...........

Well, not quite but we move there next Saturday 21/1/17 from Livingston.
    My photo experience dates back ( and I do mean DATES!!!) to the mid 1980's, when believe it or not I was semi pro working for a Studio in Southend on Sea doing commercial work, any one remember the Access card? we did all the photographic work for the art studio down stairs as well as weddings, Mayors official coverage etc, I did a lot of free lance press stuff at the time too.
    I started off with a Practica MTL 3 and ended up with Hasselblad's, but packed it in for work that actually paid so I could afford to eat as well.
    The Studio carried on for a few more years after, Eclipse Photography, Tom Castleton, any-one who knew him will know I learnt from a great master!
    About 10 years ago I got 'all modern' when I bought a Fuji bridge, that worked well upto a few weeks ago then started to get a bit un-reliable, probably just the cards wearing out, but a good excuse to get modern, and got me a Canon 1300D with 2 lens's, now I realize I know absolutely diddly squat about 'modern' photography and all this newfangled technology!
    I can use it like a bridge which suits me some times, but that's just taking pictures, I'm liking learning what all the bits and things are for, that's photography even if I don't get the results I'm after yet, I'll get there!
    I've already found this forum very useful, so I thank all the contributers, and look forward to learning more about my re-discovered hobby.
    Best regards
    Terry

P.S. Incpot is my retired Greyhound, (Inca Hero), 1 of 4 at present, he's the youngest and my best mate!
    Last edited by incpot; 16-01-2017, 15:54.

Re: Hello from Androssan...........

Hi and welcome. Our works head office is in Livingston , im pretty sure you'll enjoy Ardrossan better.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/150977425@N05/

Comment

Hi Terry and welcome. I know Southend rather well and also remember the Access card, my dad hated getting it out of his wallet
      Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Hi Terry, and welcome.

Dave
        Dave

Comment

The Access H.Q was at the old Ekco radio factory which was at the same time as Access was there home to Ekco Plastics which among other things made plastics for Fords, we did the photography for the Sierra Mk1 bumpers, first ones that were fully plastic integral body parts filled with expandable foam, we also had the contract to photograph these huge moulding machines that produced milk crates, really difficult as lights took all the detail from the highly polished moulds, took several visits before Tom was happy with the results.
          All gone now, along with the Hillman/Rootes Group car dealership, just a pile of rubble last time I visited.
          It was an interesting time at that particular time, David Garstang took over as Mayor from Beryl, pier fire, film premier of 'Who Dares Wins', photography was almost an 'Access all area's' pass at times!Then there was the times of belting down the A127 to Basildon Evening Echo with hastily developed news pictures, nearly killed me once when the steering wheel of the Cortina come off in my hands, but that's another story!

Comment

I was actually down that way last week repairing a Photocopier in Saltcoats Citizens Advice Bureau. I cover most of Scotland's West Coast so i always take a camera just in case.
            On another note my Grandad was a Hillman man. Always had a Minx or a Hunter from Rootes in Dundee. My uncle had an Imp.
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/150977425@N05/

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Tom

Comment

Welcome to the forum
                Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Cheers every one.

Comment

Welcome to the forums, looking forward to seeing some of your work
                    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                    X