Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon 70-200mm F2.8 IS USM (1st Series): Buying microscopic crews (Bayonet End)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon 70-200mm F2.8 IS USM (1st Series): Buying microscopic crews (Bayonet End)

Hi All,

Wonder if someone can point me in the right direction. Have lost two of the microscopic screws (I don't know the diameter or name of these screws) at the bayonet end of my Canon 70-200mm. Have tried one photographic shop who didn't want to know then tried Canon's helpline, but had real trouble getting myself understood.

Does anyone know where I can easily purchase these ?

Many thx in advance - Colin

Re: Canon 70-200mm F2.8 IS USM (1st Series): Buying microscopic crews (Bayonet End)

There are several Canon repair centres around the country. I think it might be worth contacting one of them with a picture of your lens so they can quickly see what you are after ... if anyone is going to be able to help then they should be able to supply parts.

Comment

Re: Canon 70-200mm F2.8 IS USM (1st Series): Buying microscopic crews (Bayonet End)

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
      There are several Canon repair centres around the country. I think it might be worth contacting one of them with a picture of your lens so they can quickly see what you are after ... if anyone is going to be able to help then they should be able to supply parts.
      Many thx Enigma

Comment

try this...is it what you are looking for...

Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I took my camera in to get cleaned over the Christmas period to these guys, they are a Canon UK service centre in Stoke on Trent, give them a call

Spare part enquiry

Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
            I took my camera in to get cleaned over the Christmas period to these guys, they are a Canon UK service centre in Stoke on Trent, give them a call

Spare part enquiry

http://www.hlehmann.co.uk/contents/e...are_Parts.html
            I have had dealings with them in the past with my film EOS 1V camera. They were very very good.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Yes they were Nat, I took it for its first sensor clean as it had done over 30K and had more spots on it than an ache covered teenager.
              They did it while you wait (2 hours) or go for a haircut in my case. Very good service, I normally clean my 50D myself, but my 1DX I was a bit cautious.
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by CPR1961 View Post
                Hi All,

Wonder if someone can point me in the right direction. Have lost two of the microscopic screws (I don't know the diameter or name of these screws) at the bayonet end of my Canon 70-200mm. Have tried one photographic shop who didn't want to know then tried Canon's helpline, but had real trouble getting myself understood.

Does anyone know where I can easily purchase these ?

Many thx in advance - Colin
                have you managed to source any screws yet ,as i have just found a little box with loads i have taken out of old lenses .assorted sizes

Comment

Working...
                X