OOOPS we all make mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOOPS we all make mistakes

as a lot of you well know i was one of the first to advocate tuning on the sigma 150-600 sports lens , well just before xmas when i was going through a grey patch with nothing in close i decided to alter my C1 setting to full range instead of just using it for close up work .
    fast forward a couple of months and i have now found this new local site that allows for extreme close ups ,however for the last few days i have been struggling to achieve fast focus with these close ups . thinking it was just the camera playing up in the cold .
    last night a hour after going to bed it dawned on me what i had done ,so at 1a.m this morning i was sat at my computer changing the settings back to what they were before .seems to be working o.k now ,bad weather has kept me in today but i feel more confident now on getting even more better shots . my average shots count from this new site run at circa 400 to 500 per day

Re: OOOPS we all make mistakes

Strewth I'm probably doing 4-500 a month
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

It's this new place tiger ,there's no waiting around the birds are active constantly an all within five metres or less of the hide ,the water comes right up to the hide edge and even the suns in the right direction

Comment

What settings are you using on your lens, if you don't mind me asking.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/47382834@N07/

Chris

Comment

i have my C1 now set to minimum to 15 mtrs
          dynamic o.s
          and smooth focus

i have my C2 set to 15 mtrs to infinity
          dynamic o.s
          and smooth focus

seems to work well and i should have stuck to my own rule if it aint broke don't fix it . i tend to do this with the camera to i.e change a setting to improve things then five minutes later forget what i changed ,its a pensioner thing

Comment

Yes I know what you mean. I sometimes have a problem remembering..
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/47382834@N07/

Chris

Comment

The problem I have been having this week was the lens was focussing to infinity then snapping back to grab focus ,by re-installing C1 part 1 it should now focus fast again ,been a topsy turvy week as I was thinking of changing cameras initially ,and it's all been down to numpty error

Comment

Still think you want a 1d though Jeff. I popped into Jessops in Aberdeen today just see what they had in stock(not much) they wanted to buy my 1d iv, I told them they couldn't afford it lol.
                Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Originally posted by cjf999 View Post
                  Yes I know what you mean. I sometimes have a problem remembering..
                  I'm worse than that. I line up the shot ,press the button and nothing happens.
                  I then look at the camera to discover I've forgotten to switch it on.
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150977425@N05/

Comment

Working...
                  X