Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

software learning mega curve. lightroom 3 or better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

software learning mega curve. lightroom 3 or better.

I have only ever used the built in basic edit package on my pc windows photo gallery to process my jpegs and not used raw.

a "friend" has sold me at a bargain price!! lightroom 3 along with a copy of Martin Evening's lightbook 3 complete guide for photographers. What a weighty tomb!! confused or what?

Advice please!
    Is it worth loading and using or is too far out of date requiring many updates.
    Is it compatable with windows 10.

Any IT technophobe, easy one off payment progs out there to consider. or should I bite the bullet and join night classes and camera club and get an up to date version also spending some pension funds along the way?

Re: software learning mega curve. lightroom 3 or better.

My advice? Don't even bother with it!

Think instead about latest versions of DPP / PSE / LR ... and, take your "friend" off the Christmas card list! :-)

Comment

thanks enigma, seen lawsyd's post and read all replies also. sounds like dpp to start and phaps LR for later.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
        My advice? Don't even bother with it!

Think instead about latest versions of DPP / PSE / LR ... and, take your "friend" off the Christmas card list! :-)
        agree LR3 is very old hat these days and even the free DPP is better
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Pity your not in north wales I could show you in half a day .by shooting just j.peg your robbing yourself of all the fun ,pleasure .fear .and robbing yourself of the chance to throw the whole lot out of the window in temper .
          If I can learn Lightroom and photoshop at 70 I,m sure you can

Comment

thanks Ian/Jeff. looks like a lightroom choice for me thanks to your advice, So I still have a chance at 67 and threequarters Jeff?

will keep you informed and one day bring my caravan your way Jeff for an airing. thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X