Spam Private Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam Private Message

I had a spam private message this morning - any one else?

Forum security needs a tweak methinks
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Re: Spam Private Message

I've not seen any PM's let alone a Spam variant John
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

none report to admin and don't click any links within the email
      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

My advice is to delete the message and move on. As Tigger says, do not click on any links in any spam email.

Alternatively, you can turn off private messages (PMs) in your profile, but this will also block any genuine message.

Most forums are targets for spammers and the EOS magazine forum is no exception. I receive up to 20 registration requests each and every day - that's over 7000 every year. I check each one of these manually and most fail the range of tests applied. As far as I can recall, only three spammers were accepted - and quickly deleted when they started posting spam messages.

If anyone more knowledgeable than myself (which is probably everyone!) has any suggestions for improving the forum security I will be pleased to hear from them. But I doubt there is any method of blocking every spammer while keeping the forum running.
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I have so far NOT received any spam PM's. Fingers crossed that I never receive on in the foreseeable future.
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

If I get an email from anyone I don`t know, then it gets deleted.

Comment

Working...
            X